XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Glina
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

Waxing your car

Is it OK to wax your brand new car (2 months old)??? I'm sure I read somewhere that the new car shouldn't be wax within first 6 months??? Also what kind of wax are you guys using!???
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

And, in a related question, should it be waxed before you put paint protection film on it?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glina View Post
Is it OK to wax your brand new car (2 months old)??? I'm sure I read somewhere that the new car shouldn't be wax within first 6 months??? Also what kind of wax are you guys using!???
For film, you no need waxing it, be cause it has it own jelly(glue) that will hide any paint defects and so on.

I`m doing waxing every car wash. It helps to protect the pain.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
fun ticket
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glina View Post
Get wax/polish on it now. Won't hurt it.

I use Zaino Z2. Works great, lasts a long time.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
I buy from Auto Magic (http://www.automagic.com )
I don't let anyone to wash my car, I consider myself kind of a "wash expert" I do have a small room in my garage loaded with all types of tools and products for car detailing......

Here in Costa Rica Auto Magic has a nice business going, they have a fleet of trucks loaded with all products they offer, you call them and they will visit you at your house or office, you buy direct from the truck driver, all types of waxes, polishers, buffers, clay,bonnets, tire shiners, etc etc..............
All products are made by Malco, I have tried this brand for many years and they are really great products, fair prices, at least here , they are specialized in supplying body and paint shops, and the products usually come in big sizes, so at the end you pay a lot less than other commercial brands that spend millions in advertising......
Appreciate 0