XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-20-2020, 03:20 AM   #1
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Sprint Booster V3 & Maxtow Boost Gauges Review

2 in 1 review:

First up is the Maxtow Boost gauges which feature electronic pressure senders, a hybrid analog/digital design, and come in different colors (I wanted blue but ordered green as blue was back ordered at the time). Very happy with these gauges and highly recommend them, I 3d printed an enclosure for them off thingiverse and mounted the senders to my existing catch-can setup (You can drill and tap your intercoolers for the senders if you are not running catch-cans.

The resolution and refresh rate on these gauges is fantastic and what really sets it apart from using a OB2 connection & phone app like Torque. I am running two so I can keep an eye on boost differential which is not an issue with the stock boost levels I am running now (approx 8.5psi at current temps) but will become more of an issue at high boost levels when I run a tune + jb4 and can adjust it as needed.

Next up is the Sprint Booster: DAMN I wish I would have bought this sooner...pretty much sums this up...This is by far the best bang for you buck for quick and easy mods to the E70(Its not very cheap but worth EVERY penny). This will transform your car...I was very skeptical at first, I get how it opens the throttle plates faster and figured doing an throttle adaptions reset often pretty much does the same thing but wow this is amazing how it wakes up the truck....This little device makes the boost build so much quicker and how the transmission downshifts which is a truly what makes it shine...no more hesitations or slow buildup of boost or slow kick-downs.

Even at the stock boost levels, there was always hesitation of two to 3 seconds to but this is no longer the case with the Sprint booster. It makes it feel like a different car, making passing an absolute breeze as the transmission kicks down so much quicker in combination with it building boost so quickly. Below is a short video of just a 50% throttle jab with the Sprint booster set very modestly on sport setting 4 and you can see how it goes from 0 pressure to 8.5psi almost instantly. This normally would take two to three seconds to slowly buildup without the sprint booster. Again highly recommend to everyone with a E70, no matter what engine you have in it.

Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 04-20-2020 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 2
argento538.00
Nyc Dito112.50