XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-14-2023, 10:50 AM   #1
Dave00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5M

Increased Battery Discharge - Need Advise?

Guys,

I have been getting this error recently pretty much on every start up and after some research a lot of guys point to the CAS but all of my handles are functioning normally with no one warmer/hotter than the other. Battery is only about 3 years old. Other thing I've read could cause it is the Alarm Siren module (internal battery going out) and I have seen an error pop up on ProTools when scanning it for the Alarm Siren, but not sure if that's the only issue. Any advise on how to track this one down? I haven't had any issues of the battery draining down or start issues as she fires right up as if the battery was freshly charged.
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2023, 07:13 AM   #2
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2019 X3 M40I

Before you rush out and change it - charge it up and then I would advise periodic use of a maintainer…especially if its not driven for a few days in cold weather….On an X6M… i changed the batt at 5.5 years…and I’m about the same on current one, with occasional discharge messages only if I never plugged in…as noted.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 07:25 AM   #3
Dave00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbofraggins View Post
Before you rush out and change it - charge it up and then I would advise periodic use of a maintainer…especially if its not driven for a few days in cold weather….On an X6M… i changed the batt at 5.5 years…and I’m about the same on current one, with occasional discharge messages only if I never plugged in…as noted.
I've done the same, and yes it will sit for a few days at a time. However, that being said, I've had the car for 4 years and it just started doing this regularly over the past year. In the past if it sat for a long time (during Covid) it would pop up, but if I charged it up or drove it for some time and let the alternator do the work, I wouldn't see this error for a long time unless it sat for over a week.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 10:46 AM   #4
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

Did you do the software reset when changing the battery?
      12-18-2023, 06:40 AM   #5
Cnoro
Private
Albania
Rep
Drives: Bmw e70 4.0d xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave00 View Post
Guys,

I have been getting this error recently pretty much on every start up and after some research a lot of guys point to the CAS but all of my handles are functioning normally with no one warmer/hotter than the other. Battery is only about 3 years old. Other thing I've read could cause it is the Alarm Siren module (internal battery going out) and I have seen an error pop up on ProTools when scanning it for the Alarm Siren, but not sure if that's the only issue. Any advise on how to track this one down? I haven't had any issues of the battery draining down or start issues as she fires right up as if the battery was freshly charged.
hello
i got the same situation month ago.
i changed the old agm battery (6yo) with a new on 90A, register the new battery using bimmerlink apk for android and everthing good

hope do for you case
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 08:13 AM   #6
Dave00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by askjeeves View Post
Did you do the software reset when changing the battery?
It was done by the dealer, before I bought the car and I verified (with dealer docs) that it was registered properly.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 08:15 AM   #7
Dave00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnoro View Post
hello
i got the same situation month ago.
i changed the old agm battery (6yo) with a new on 90A, register the new battery using bimmerlink apk for android and everthing good

hope do for you case
I was thinking that might be the case. What battery did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 09:26 AM   #8
Cnoro
Private
Albania
Rep
Drives: Bmw e70 4.0d xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave00 View Post
I was thinking that might be the case. What battery did you go with?
in my case:

BMW Banner AGM 12v 90ah 900a Car Battery Genuine
Appreciate 0