XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
Mean_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 coupe

Question Squeky noice from the rear seats

everytime I go over uneven road or a bump...I hear a rattling noise from the left passenger seat in the back....it disappears when someone is sitting in the back, anyone had the same experience? thanks in advance...its really annoying and I dont want to go back to the dealer if I dont have to....
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
GeraG
Rep
Drives: X5, X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean_M3 View Post
everytime I go over uneven road or a bump...I hear a rattling noise from the left passenger seat in the back....it disappears when someone is sitting in the back, anyone had the same experience? thanks in advance...its really annoying and I dont want to go back to the dealer if I dont have to....
I had similar problem and found out that the noise came from rear sets folding locks. Just put some tape on the 'clutch' and the noise should be gone
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
BigBobDeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6M

Garage List
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
I had the same problem, and found that it was two fold: the center console needed to be tightened in place, and the right passenger door panel had worked its way a little loose.

Now I have a horrible rattle coming from the front passenger seat. I think it has something to do with the plastic trim around the edges...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Mean_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraG View Post
I had similar problem and found out that the noise came from rear sets folding locks. Just put some tape on the 'clutch' and the noise should be gone
Its actually the right passesnger seat....which one is the clutch? is it that brown/ black thing sticking out from the top by the headrest that disappears once the set is properly pushed back? I do fold my seats a lot so is that causing it? thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Mean_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobDeuce View Post
I had the same problem, and found that it was two fold: the center console needed to be tightened in place, and the right passenger door panel had worked its way a little loose.

Now I have a horrible rattle coming from the front passenger seat. I think it has something to do with the plastic trim around the edges...
How did you fix the loose door panel? did the dealer fix it?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
BigBobDeuce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6M

Garage List
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
To fix the door panel, I remove the bottom screw(s) and popped the clamps loose up to about the metal accent strip. Then I just reseated all the clamps and replaced the screws. I am, quite frankly, stunned that it worked.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Mean_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBobDeuce View Post
To fix the door panel, I remove the bottom screw(s) and popped the clamps loose up to about the metal accent strip. Then I just reseated all the clamps and replaced the screws. I am, quite frankly, stunned that it worked.
Interesting, I think I will try the dealer 1st...? did you ?
Appreciate 0