XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #1
Kdavis61
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i

Anyone in Westbury, NY?

Hey all,
I sold my 2011 X5 about 6 months ago and got a new Range Rover Autobiography, I can't stand the boatyness and want my X5 back. I was thinking about a 2016 but after doing a 4-day extended test drive, I can't stand the steering; not yet at least, but maybe in a few years. I found a car I absolutely love at a dealer called NYautogallery and I was wondering if anyone was in the area to go check it out? You all know how dealers are, they say that it's in "perfect" condition, when they're 4 dents and scratches all over. I'd be happy to PayPal you some money just for you to head over there, take some good pictures and a test drive. Thanks!!

The address for the dealer:
500 Old Country Road
Westbury, NY 11590
2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i--2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i
1992 Mercedes G320D--2013 LR Range Rover Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

I'm not in NY so can't help you there, but I'd just be careful with cars in that region due to salt and whatever else they put on the roads. There was an X5 here in Seattle that had come from NJ, I had a PPI done on it and it was corroded to hell on the underside. Not saying they're all that way, but something to have checked for sure. I passed on that one, ended up getting one out of CA.

My M3 came from OH and while it's not too bad, there's been a few rusted nuts/bolts on the underside that had to be cut off and replaced to do certain jobs, they were too rusted to remove properly. Which is exactly what the shop told me on the X5, the corrosion doesn't impact much, other than repairs and extra time to access underside, remove/possibly replace hardware, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #3
Kdavis61
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
I'm not in NY so can't help you there, but I'd just be careful with cars in that region due to salt and whatever else they put on the roads. There was an X5 here in Seattle that had come from NJ, I had a PPI done on it and it was corroded to hell on the underside. Not saying they're all that way, but something to have checked for sure. I passed on that one, ended up getting one out of CA.

My M3 came from OH and while it's not too bad, there's been a few rusted nuts/bolts on the underside that had to be cut off and replaced to do certain jobs, they were too rusted to remove properly. Which is exactly what the shop told me on the X5, the corrosion doesn't impact much, other than repairs and extra time to access underside, remove/possibly replace hardware, etc.
Thanks for the reply. It's funny you mention that as I live in CO and have never purchased a car in state or from a dealer for that matter. The best places are Cali and AZ. I think I may pass on this one, the dealer is being weird. Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdavis61 View Post
Hey all,
I sold my 2011 X5 about 6 months ago and got a new Range Rover Autobiography, I can't stand the boatyness and want my X5 back. I was thinking about a 2016 but after doing a 4-day extended test drive, I can't stand the steering; not yet at least, but maybe in a few years. I found a car I absolutely love at a dealer called NYautogallery and I was wondering if anyone was in the area to go check it out? You all know how dealers are, they say that it's in "perfect" condition, when they're 4 dents and scratches all over. I'd be happy to PayPal you some money just for you to head over there, take some good pictures and a test drive. Thanks!!

500 Old Country Road
Westbury, NY 11590
im an hour from that area i will tell you from first hand experience in purchasing cars from LI area its sketchy. Its really a hit or miss. I recently got an x5 15 min away from that area and it was a bad purchase luckily dealer warranty is covering everything. they will lie and bs you alot for a sale, especially if your not there to see the car yourself. its not easy buying a car form NY since they have such a bad rep on cars. if you still want someone to check it out i might have time on the weekend and can help out. ill have to check my schedules
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #5
Kdavis61
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdavis61 View Post
Hey all,

500 Old Country Road
Westbury, NY 11590
im an hour from that area i will tell you from first hand experience in purchasing cars from LI area its sketchy. Its really a hit or miss. I recently got an x5 15 min away from that area and it was a bad purchase luckily dealer warranty is covering everything. they will lie and bs you alot for a sale, especially if your not there to see the car yourself. its not easy buying a car form NY since they have such a bad rep on cars. if you still want someone to check it out i might have time on the weekend and can help out. ill have to check my schedules
Hey, thanks so much! I am going to pass on this specific vehicle and keep looking in CA/AZ, $50 flight, so it's easy for me to go check it out. Thanks again though.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #6
Lean1
Lean1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 x5m

I can't believe how quick it is for someone to give their opinion and leave a person with a bad taste in their mouth. I'm here in New York just because you have a car sold in New York doesn't mean that it comes from New York is a lot of auctions all over the state please stop with the alternative facts. I found my 2010 X5M in the most amazing condition and it came from Texas not from New York don't assume that all these vehicles come from New York. Do an inspection and stop leaving people with bad advice. I am here in New York and I am close to westbury. let me know if you want me to take a look and I will post the pictures. For goodness gracious.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #7
belarus27
Private
Rep
Drives: E550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean1 View Post
I can't believe how quick it is for someone to give their opinion and leave a person with a bad taste in their mouth. I'm here in New York just because you have a car sold in New York doesn't mean that it comes from New York is a lot of auctions all over the state please stop with the alternative facts. I found my 2010 X5M in the most amazing condition and it came from Texas not from New York don't assume that all these vehicles come from New York. Do an inspection and stop leaving people with bad advice. I am here in New York and I am close to westbury. let me know if you want me to take a look and I will post the pictures. For goodness gracious.

agree. If you not too far from where the car at , might as well go and check it out , and take pics , and post up in what condition the car really is , just for the future reference , and actually see , if its a good deal or not.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 01:44 PM   #8
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post

I guess the flip side to that is also how well the vehicle was maintained and cleaned. I purchased a 2012 x5 with 100k miles and while I had it in the air and removed the plastic underbody panels it was so clean you could eat off it, no corrosion at all was very impressed and this was a Chicago vehicle. !

As you stated not all are effected by the rust belt if their owner gave a hoot!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 01:49 PM   #9
Kdavis61
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lean1 View Post
I can't agree more, the distance is what doesn't work for me with that one. Due to NY State law, I would have to fly out there and show my ID to pick up the car. And if I was going to fly out there, I might as well just drive it home and I do not have the time right now.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
Kdavis61
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I found this one in Cali, how does it look to you guys?

http://primeautosd.com/listings/2012...xdrive35d-awd/
Appreciate 0