XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-01-2019, 06:01 AM   #1
quick
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M, '01 E55, '91 964 Trbo

Miles/repairs on your X5m/X6M

Hey Guys,

Wondering how many miles are on your X5M/X6M and what have you had repaired/replaced so far?

I am the 2nd owner and 5 is currently sitting at 41,000 miles having bought it 10 months ago at 39,000 miles. Besides the recall issues, car has ran flawlessly.

Truly wonderful machines

Last edited by quick; 09-01-2019 at 06:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
beskhu3epnm
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5M 2010 BMW M5

OK here goes - owned since 2016 at 36,000 miles to it's current 75,750:
- Entire CIC Unit (twice)
- A/C Evaporator core
- Blower Fan
- Front driveshaft recall
- Both airbags under recall
- All 4 comfort access handles (painted) at different times, $600 each
- Crankcase vent hoses, vacuum lines while in there
- Steering wheel power extender
- Thrust Arms (tension arms also known)
- Rear EDC dampers
- Rear EDC wiring
- Front tie rod ends
- Front swaybar end links
- Three sets of tires (all branded RFTs, total about $4,000 US)
- 4 alignments - out every time, tires routinely unevenly wear
- High Pressure Fuel Pump (left me stranded)
- 8 Coils, 8 plugs, 8 injectors, air filters twice
- Both charge air cooling pumps twice, total of 4 pumps
- Comfort seats thigh bolster extender gears
- Charge air electrical circuit including wiring harness, relays and fuses (10hrs diag time to find the burning smell and list of codes)
- Both front wheel bearings
- Oil changes every 4,000 miles instead of the stupid 15,000 mile intervals
- Front, center, rear diff, trans oils

The vehicle was also rear ended (stupid and not my fault) and required:
- Rear bumper
- Muffler ($2700)
- All rear panelling
- Heat shielding
- Support panels

The vehicle also struck a cable reel that fell off the truck in front of it (not at fault... again):
- front bumper
- front under tray panels and support brackets
- two charge cooling radiators

The vehicle was also backed into in a parking lot by a drunk driver (... again, no fault)
- front driver's door
- front door panel
- all associated panels and

Also add - windshield
All vehicle repairs covered under 6/120,000 mile CPO warranty, all accident repairs through insurance with no deductible, all maintenance items covered by me (including plugs/coils/air filters which I did on my own). Stealer did the injectors and fuel pump.

It's been a tough ride as I've never been in any kind of incident before, yet this car attracts carnage and people are constantly driving into it or causing it to be damaged somehow none of which have been my fault. Depreciation hit has been massive even though mechanically it has been maintained at peak levels.

CPO warranty expires today! You'll find a lot of members with the odd engine or turbo issue here and there.

Have fun! Your list will be starting soon I imagine...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
X5 MAN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011X5 50iM-Sport;2016X3 35i M

After I got my 2011 X5 50i at 110k miles , I changed the tires over to non- runflats at 150 bucks a pop for a total of $600 fitted. Now put 10 k miles in one year and runs perfectly
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 08:52 PM   #4
beskhu3epnm
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5M 2010 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 MAN View Post

After I got my 2011 X5 50i at 110k miles , I changed the tires over to non- runflats at 150 bucks a pop for a total of $600 fitted. Now put 10 k miles in one year and runs perfectly
Hah, when I first got the vehicle the tires were about 60% worn but had balancing issues. The selling dealership replaced the tires, which I included in the calculations.

Around the same point on the second set (more than three quarters worn) the same dealership comped me another set due to alignment issues caused by thrust bearings they installed and then didn't properly align. They purchased a new set of heads for their alignment machine and installed new tires and sent me on my way. The last set I purchased on my own which was the Pirelli RFT you see on the new X5M for a decent price. The non-RFT are next on my list if I can keep the vehicle that long!

I forgot to add the following repairs to my list:
- Both front and left surround cameras - front bumper
- Camera cable from rear camera to unit
- Rear camera
- Camera module
- Windshield Seals and mouldings

Forgot to mention that the key fob battery got low and locked itself in the boot of the car. When the tow operator arrived (provided by BMW) they used that balloon thing to crack open the door rather than use a transmitter. They destroyed the mouldings and seals around the driver's door which were also replaced courtesy of them.

All under warranty...

Outside of warranty?:
- Ground strap cable

Believe it or not the warranty doesn't cover "corrosion" to a part they should have had sealed in the first place. I figure this piece is defective. Eventually after arguing enough I got my money back.

Also replaced the wheels with X6M rims from Kijiji due to a bend on the originals thanks to PO that the dealership (despite covering everything else on earth) didn't want to bother with. I then had the old rims straightened and resold them with scrapped tires for more than I paid for the X6M rims. Yay

Last edited by beskhu3epnm; 09-01-2019 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 0