XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #23
audioquest
2nd to None!
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M8 GC, M5 30Jahre, X6 50i

Garage List
I am confuse too. I will also take a picture like SKIHI too with the tape in the picture. My was 30mm drop. No where close to those picture shown. Why???
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #24
SKYHI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Titanium Silver X6

Garage List
2009 X6 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by REInvestor View Post
Well he insisted that the car is with a 30mm drop and when they were testing the 2" drop with that wheel setup, the performance was really bad and there was some rubbing and clicking or banging noise he said. They decided not to develop the 2" drop and felt the 30mm was sufficient. Heck, I guess I'm back where I started. I wish someone could give me a clear and concise answer when I call them to enquire.

Supposedly the silver vehicle on this site(Reverelondon) under the BMW X6 is also a 30mm drop with 22's. Looks flush too. Check it out.

http://www.reverelondon.com/flash.htm

If I am not mistaken, the dark grey X6 on the Reverelondon site has 24" wheels on it. Again, I am not positive about this but I think I saw a post on here of that exact setup with mention of it having 24s.

Check this thread regarding the Hartge 22" wheels with (the as they put it in the thread), a 30-40mm drop.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144957

This looks more practical and to specs. Notice it has the same wheels as the black one you posted but obviously has a bit more room between the tire and molding.

Last edited by SKYHI; 01-15-2010 at 12:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #25
minime388
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5L

you can see mine also are pretty flush. It's mainly due to bigger wheel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 12:54 AM   #26
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime388 View Post
you can see mine also are pretty flush. It's mainly due to bigger wheel
Minime,
Maybe that has to do something with it. What tire size and brand are you running? Do you have the H&R 1" or 2" springs? The Hartge is running on 295/30-22 front and 335/25/22 rear. Can you post a full side shot of your car? If you can try to get a nice straight shot without any angles. Thank you.

Audioquest,
Here is Hartge official website with their official pics. They are in northern Germany, and I called and spoke to them directly because I wasn't getting anywhere with any of the cluless wheel brokers. Click on bmw tuning-choose X6 then X6 again-Pull up Wheel/Tyre tab at bottom. The item is third from the top.

http://www.hartge.de/

SkyHi,
Reverelondon only make 22" wheels for the X6. Here is the original posts. I found it. Looks pretty flush too with only a 30mm drop with 295's all the way around.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235046
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #27
SKYHI
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 X6 35i  [0.00]
FYI My rear springs did arrive on time Monday but to no surprise the shop can't get my vehicle in until Thursday. I'll get pics that afternoon and post, just didn't want you guys thinking I forgot!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #28
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYHI View Post
FYI My rear springs did arrive on time Monday but to no surprise the shop can't get my vehicle in until Thursday. I'll get pics that afternoon and post, just didn't want you guys thinking I forgot!
We'll be looking for it. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:42 PM   #29
SKYHI
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 X6 35i  [0.00]
H&R 2 inch Lowering Spring Kit

Okay gang, I was finally able to get the install complete today so here are the pics as promised. Again I apologize for them being taken in the evening as I wasn't able to pick up the vehicle until after work. With that said I will be completely honest, the vehicle's ride has stiffened up a great deal from the factory but is as expected. I put it on the highway to find that it drives and handles great on the highway considering. All in all I am very pleased with the mod and glad I decided on the 2" as opposed to the 1.5" kit. Unfortunately pictures of these vehicles do them no justice compared to impression you get walking around it. I honestly found myself smiling just as big after this install as I did when I drove it off the showroom floor!! If you're considering going with the H&R 2" kit I say do it, you will not regret it by any means!!!

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #30
eg3
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

nice & congrats! I have the same color X6 and same kit avaiting to be installed.. I think this setup looks much better than 1.2" all around one. Especially the front looks awesome. I was thinking of going with larger tires to take care of the gap on the front but it looks like the kit already takes care much of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #31
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep

SkyHi,
Oh man, that looks great. I definitely will get the 2". Thanks for not forgetting. Let us know how it feels, handles and drives after you've had it for a few days. Can you also remind me what size tires and rims you have, as well as what model X6 and if you have the sport package(the more expensive one). Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #32
SKYHI
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 X6 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg3 View Post
nice & congrats! I have the same color X6 and same kit avaiting to be installed.. I think this setup looks much better than 1.2" all around one. Especially the front looks awesome. I was thinking of going with larger tires to take care of the gap on the front but it looks like the kit already takes care much of it.
Thank you sir!! As for the front, the 2" kit really does take care of a great deal of the space and still leaves you with adequate room to upsize your wheels if decided.
      01-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #33
SKYHI
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 X6 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
SkyHi,
Oh man, that looks great. I definitely will get the 2". Thanks for not forgetting. Let us know how it feels, handles and drives after you've had it for a few days. Can you also remind me what size tires and rims you have, as well as what model X6 and if you have the sport package(the more expensive one). Thank you
Thanks REInvestor and glad I could be of assistance, it was my pleasure trust me. Ha! I'll keep you posted on the driveability after a few days. (I leave today to go snowboarding in Colorado so it may be about a week) The vehicle is a 35i with the factory 20" Y spokes and I do have the sport package with the adaptive drive . Speaking of adaptive drive!!!! I dropped my vehicle off at BMW this morning to have it realigned and was informed that if you have adaptive steering (not adaptive drive as they are 2 different things) the alignment takes 3.5 hrs instead of 2 and cost $279 as opposed to $179. Also I wanted to mention to anyone running factory wheels that I installed the Kleen Wheels brake dust shields all the way around and strongly suggest doing so if you haven't. I'm sure you can see them a bit in the pics, definitely beats wiping my wheels down everyday!

Last edited by SKYHI; 01-22-2010 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #34
SKYHI
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 X6 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
SkyHi,

Update!! I was able to get a good bit of driving in this weekend with the H&R kit and as mentioned before it does stiffen up the ride a bit but I have gotten used to it and it's well worth it to me. Just wanted to let you guys know that there were no regrets on my end if you were considering the 2" kit. I think it puts the car exactly where it should be as far as height and fills the fender wells up nicely giving it an even more sleek and flowing look.
      11-05-2010, 04:19 AM   #35
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

Thanks for the pics and review was really helpful