XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-09-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
Radguy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

M Button Setup?

Hello, this is my third post on this forum.

I am looking at purchasing a 2013 X5M and I will be test driving it next Saturday. I need advice as to how to setup the M button via iDrive, i.e. what are the best settings for performance. From what I've read, the drive in M mode can be vastly different depending on which settings you use (can be actually disappointing from a performance drive perspective if not set up properly).

I'm looking to see what the max performance feel in this vehicle would be. One of my previous drives was a 2010 FBO Nissan GT-R and I want to see how close I can get this vehicle in terms of performance feel.

The GT-R was a good example. With the transmission in automatic and with all settings in comfort mode, it was actually very docile, somewhat disappointing to someone in the car for the first time, but put all settings in R mode and use the paddle shifters, and it was a different beast all together! Any advice from current owners would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried searching this and other BMW forums but can't find an answer yet. Thanks in advance.

Jonathan
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
Creamo3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Alpine White X5M

DSC: M Dynamic Mode (MDM)
MDM: Sport
Power: Sport

Shifter: Sport
Appreciate 0