XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-10-2024, 11:30 PM   #1
grkmspr
Rep
Drives: X6 xdrive35i

Blow Off Sound

There is a blow off sound in my vehicle.

N55 engine, I just bought the car, I know it shouldn't be like this. I showed it to the service and they said it was because another hose connection on the hose had become disconnected. They connect again, We did a road test and the problem persists.

I replaced the diverter valve and the problem still persists.

As a result, the masters at the service said that the coding/software was pre-installed in the car and that it was strengthened too much to produce this sound. It seemed ridiculous to me.

The problem is exactly this;
You start the car and drive away. If you drive very calmly, there is no serious sound, just a slight flutter sound during acceleration, or a sound when changing gear at speeds of 60-70 km.

If you drive aggressively, press the gas pedal hard and make sudden accelerations, there will be a lot of flutter noise, even when you kick down the gas, the revs reach 7000rpm and the car kicks very badly when shifting into gear/or turbo is failing. And then, even if you go slowly, there is a constant movement under your gas pedal, and when you press the slightest gas, a flutter sound occurs, and the car may even kick unnecessarily. (we thought the diverter valve was stuck and replaced it)

Turning the vehicle off and on again fixes it. .

Normally, there is a 28A4 fault in the car, but when I kicked down, the 2774 fault also appeared.

Where should I focus for malfunction? Is it really possible to make such sounds with software?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 08:13 PM   #2
tomjonesBT33
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M Roadster

Garage List
Sounds like there is an intake leak after turbos. Have you checked all of the intake pipes to make sure one is not popped off? Are both MAF sensors still in place? Sounds like could’ve been an overboost condition.
2017 X1 xDrive28i - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 06:12 AM   #3
grkmspr
Rep

I think I need to do a smoke test. So the question is where should I give the smoke? How are the lines going?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 12:04 AM   #4
grkmspr
Rep

i replace boost pressure control valve.

There is no blowoff sound anymore, no more 28A0, 2774 fault codes.

Problem Solved.
Appreciate 2
argento538.00