XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-04-2017, 09:04 AM   #1
Billski
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

Vinyl roof wrap

Hi, im new to the site, so was just wondering if any body can help. I have a white X6 and i want the roof wrapped in black gloss, trouble is the bloke that is doing it says that the roof rails will need to lifted off or loosened to enable him to fit the wrap properly, can any one give me any help on how this can be done from the outside without dropping the headliner. It look as though there are plastic ends on the rails but didnt want to go charging in with screw driver in case i damaged or broke them.Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 04:18 PM   #2
BMW-SRT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63sAMG, GLC63sAMG, x5m, 335i

I had my roof wrapped on my X5M along with the "wing" and antenna. I dont have a roof rack but i know he took off the roof rails and wrapped them individually, he also took off the antenna, so Im sure your guy to make it look like a clean wrap would have to have the rails removed.

If I were you I would take it to someone else that has enough experience to know how to take the rack off themselves.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #3
Billski
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

roof rails removal

Thanks for the reply, what i was hoping was that someone might know how to remove the black plastic ends that are on the roof rails. Ive read a bit on it but its a bit unclear which bit you prise up and from what point you do it from.
Appreciate 0