XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
BMWX54SFV
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 Black on Black

Technology Help Needed

1.) I went on line to MyBMW to see what phones work with the "Office" feature of the car and I was not able to input my VIN as the page displayed was only for 2011 X5's. So I followed the left side info input. Since my car was one of the last 2012 to roll off the assembly line is it possible it has newer technology which outdates the list of phones now on the web site?
Even the Iphone 4s (current version of the Iphone) does not allow many of the features of the Apps system. No email, no messaging etc. So what good is it?
I was under the impression when I got my new Iphone 5 I would need to just download the BMW Apps to the phone enabling you to see messages and email and Facebook through the center console adapter. I do not think that is the case which brings me back to what good is it? Also, the adapter for the center console for the I5 will no doubt not be available for some time.

2.)After I got home I downloaded three sets of songs off Flash Drives. 1200 first time then 485 songs then 20 songs at separate times. The system put them in files called USB 1, USB 2, and USB 3. Question is. Can these be combined into one in the BMW system? Or do I have to erase them and input them again on a larger Flash Drive? Kind of strange it does this and makes no sense to me. Caddy SRX was ONE file.
Appreciate 0