XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-17-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
peterwyu
Rep
Drives: 2007 Acura TL Type S

2011 BMW X5 35diesel

Let me know if this is a good deal, also, how vital is the Adaptive Drive option for this car, since its an SUV and not a high performance car i dont think its neccessary for 3.5k? Do most of you guys get it? It seems a bit expensive!

Premium package, Cold weather package, Technology package, running boards, roof rails, 3rd row seats, Rear seat entertainment.

MSRP: 63,075. Sale price: 59,570 minus $4500 eco credit = 55,070 plus TTL. Car will take between 6-8 weeks to arrive once it is ordered.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Adaptive Drive* The concept
Adaptive Drive reduces the body roll which occurs when cornering quickly or during fast evasive maneuvers. In addition, Adaptive Drive Technology for comfort, convenience and safety reduces the steering angle requirement, improves the running comfort and increases the dynamic driving characteristics of your BMW.
So it is good to have it installed on your car
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
GJM
Xdrive
Australia
Rep
Drives: X6 35d/X5 3d

Peter, ask for a test drive of 2 vehicles, with & without the option. You will notice the difference!
      09-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
kgclark
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6 35i VR/Oyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwyu View Post
Let me know if this is a good deal, also, how vital is the Adaptive Drive option for this car, since its an SUV and not a high performance car i dont think its neccessary for 3.5k? Do most of you guys get it? It seems a bit expensive!

Premium package, Cold weather package, Technology package, running boards, roof rails, 3rd row seats, Rear seat entertainment.

MSRP: 63,075. Sale price: 59,570 minus $4500 eco credit = 55,070 plus TTL. Car will take between 6-8 weeks to arrive once it is ordered.
Adaptive drive is not just for better cornering.....it also gives you a much smoother ride. Here in upstate NY, there are potholes and road imperfections galore and my x6 just seems to glide over them. I test drove an x6 hybrid that didn't have adaptive drive and the difference was remarkable. I, also initially thought I'd pass on the AD because of the cost, but after just a week with the car, I'm very, very happy with my decision to check the box.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F-150

I think it's too expensive, but agree the adaptive drive takes the X5 to another level in terms of ride and handling. I was not overly impressed with the vehicle without it. Still great, safe, good fuel economy, comfortable, luxurious, etc, but doesn't handle nearly as confidently.

I wish they'd just offer a set of sport springs/shocks like in older models as well.
Appreciate 0