XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

03-22-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
ABX6M
Rep
Drives: X6m

Real reviews from k&n filter

Looking for personal experience for the k&n lifetime replacement filter. Any noticeable gains?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 02:28 AM   #2
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

lighter throttle feel, and feel like easier breathe for the engine.. the real difference whatever brand you buy just buy a dry air filter.. the ones with oil makes a mess for sensors piping etc..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 03:22 AM   #3
ABX6M
Rep
Drives: X6m

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
lighter throttle feel, and feel like easier breathe for the engine.. the real difference whatever brand you buy just buy a dry air filter.. the ones with oil makes a mess for sensors piping etc..
I didn't even think of the sensors getting oil I will definitely stick with a dry one thanks.

Are there any other options out there other than K&N ?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABX6M View Post
I didn't even think of the sensors getting oil I will definitely stick with a dry one thanks.

Are there any other options out there other than K&N ?
i guess not much options for drop-in filters.. more likely cold air intake kits are available and for me they re needlessly expensive .. i like Pipercross filters also but they have filters with almost the same engine M5 and M6 not X6M..

but there can be another option for you..
i ordered Upgr8 air filter for my previous car E46 M3.. before ordering i didnt even hear about this brand at all wanted to try.. and it was pretty high quality than i expected.. i loved it.. donno your car is F86 or E71 seems they have a branch in Canada.. if you want you can give them a call if they have even i can order also..

https://www.upgr8.com/store/dealer/ ..
Appreciate 0