XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
capitalx
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 E70

ATC 450 VTG Troubleshooting with ISTA

I'm having issues with ATC-450 on 2011 X5 35i and would like to see if ISTA can pinpoint with certainty if my problem is electrical or mechanical.

Front drive shaft remove the X5 runs like a dream.
Front drive shaft (b4 and after recall) on the X5 studders and increases with intensity as the X5 gets warm. I assume either the clutch plats have issues or the parts that control the clutch plates have issues. Actuator i think

This means my issue is related to the TC parts controlling the torque on the front axle. Actuator/or internal clutch, etc.

Guys on this forum lead me to a great source to have it rebuilt but I want to be certain my TC module is functioning properly since I'll be using it again after rebuild.

Currently my ISTA version is the one known to take VTG off line if you clear faults.

Only fault related to VTG is D36A No message (VTG) Receiver DSC, Transmitter VTG- showing Existent is NO

How can i use ISTA to rule out electrical?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 09:36 PM   #2
philly42
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M, Z3M

I'm not too familiar with the program. Though generally you can "call up" the ecu specifically related to an item and run basic tests related. Usually it starts off by trying to communicate to the module and checks for any faults.

I came across some info in the program regarding adaptation....not sure if this is one of the items that requires a reset. I believe a reset is needed when towing.
Appreciate 0