XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-26-2021, 11:56 PM   #287
Skers 05
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 1M Clone, '11 328i, '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skers 05 View Post
Yeah, I have the exact same problem. I have already done a full trans service and the performance didn't improve. The only other thing I could think of to check is the guibo. Have you replaced yours by chance?!
I also did the trans fluid and filter and it didn't seem to make much difference. I haven't done the giubo, but if that were the problem I'd expect all gears to shift poorly or feel generally crappy. I think when the giubo is bad, you typically feel an elastic lunging when hitting and letting off the throttle. At least that's how it's felt with my manual vehicles. Try putting your car in sport mode and manually select a gear and go on/off the throttle - does it have this elastic back and forth feeling? If so, that could be your giubo, or probably any of the other rubber mounts in the driveline.

I did replace the transfer case mount as mine was totally broken. I will probably be doing engine mounts too in the near future. I don't know if these vehicles have the same failure at the rear diff mounts like the cars do (E46, E90, etc).
I replaced engine mounts last weekend as they were starting to leak. I was hoping to see an improvement in the 2nd to 1st downshift while coasting at low speeds behavior. Unfortunately, the engine mounts had little to no improvement and thus the chase continues. Hopefully knowing this will help save you some money! Unless your mounts are leaking too.

I need to have a look at the trans and transfer case mounts next time I'm under the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 10:42 AM   #288
X5 MAN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011X5 50iM-Sport;2016X3 35i M

2011 X5 50i
Passed 126k miles on a 2000 mile road trip this week
Absolutely trouble free.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #289
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
I also did the trans fluid and filter and it didn't seem to make much difference. I haven't done the giubo, but if that were the problem I'd expect all gears to shift poorly or feel generally crappy. I think when the giubo is bad, you typically feel an elastic lunging when hitting and letting off the throttle. At least that's how it's felt with my manual vehicles. Try putting your car in sport mode and manually select a gear and go on/off the throttle - does it have this elastic back and forth feeling? If so, that could be your giubo, or probably any of the other rubber mounts in the driveline.

I did replace the transfer case mount as mine was totally broken. I will probably be doing engine mounts too in the near future. I don't know if these vehicles have the same failure at the rear diff mounts like the cars do (E46, E90, etc).
try re-adapting the tcase. Could help with that jerk!
      07-01-2021, 01:00 PM   #290
lancerr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

picked up this x5 at 105k and it was a beautifully maintained alpine white/ brown 4.8. i cant stand white cars though and i like playing around so I decided to start learning how to wrap the car using the x5 as a project car. Im posting this with the car 3/4 done and will update it once its done.

its been a helluva learning curve and I have new found respect for folks who do a spotless job wrapping like on my M3 from alphawerks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 10:21 PM   #291
03Saleen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

212K N55 just purchased from a friend who owns a car dealership for 6K, 36 service records everyone from BMW Service. Interior is like a brand new car, matained to the 9's.
Appreciate 0