XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-24-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
rainman50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2000 540iA

Question on sport/ventilated seats

I have comfort seats in my 2000 540iA sport. One thing that I like about them is that you can adjust the middle of the back part of the seat. So instead of having a straight back seat the upper part of the seat can be adjusted fore and aft of center. I have not seen this on any other car (maybe I have not looked too close to notice)

Does the X6M (X6) seats have this feature?

On another note is the ventilated seats worth getting. (I think you have to take the perforated seat in order to get it)

Thanks.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
spicysausage
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 5.0i

I have the comfort seat and the back part (top half) can be adjusted so its not just a straight back. I also have the ventilated seats and i think it was worth it.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman50 View Post
I have comfort seats in my 2000 540iA sport. One thing that I like about them is that you can adjust the middle of the back part of the seat. So instead of having a straight back seat the upper part of the seat can be adjusted fore and aft of center. I have not seen this on any other car (maybe I have not looked too close to notice)

Does the X6M (X6) seats have this feature?

On another note is the ventilated seats worth getting. (I think you have to take the perforated seat in order to get it)

Thanks.

Dave
X6 has it. I have the active ventilated perforated leather seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
rainman50
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks. I was hoping that they had the same adjustment.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I have ventilated comfort seats, you can adjust them to fit you. Something the drivers seat has that passenger doesn't is "butt paddles" , alternate wihile your driving to reduce fatigue (good on long trips) . I go to Arizona all the time and love the ventilated seats.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 03:16 AM   #6
rainman50
Enlisted Member
Rep

I asume the butt paddles can be turned off and on. Can you vary how much movement they have when being used?

Dave
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I asume the butt paddles can be turned off and on. Can you vary how much movement they have when being used?

Dave
What is that?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #8
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Dave
yes you can turn them off/on but you can't adjust the speed or movement. They just go up and down alternately (left side ,right side).
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #9
rainman50
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #10
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
yes you can turn them off/on but you can't adjust the speed or movement. They just go up and down alternately (left side ,right side).
What are we talking about gentlemen? Am I missing something else? Like how my sales agent didn't properly tell me how to use the sport drive? He said just push the BUTTON. lol. I found out on here after two months of ownership.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by REInvestor View Post
What are we talking about gentlemen? Am I missing something else? Like how my sales agent didn't properly tell me how to use the sport drive? He said just push the BUTTON. lol. I found out on here after two months of ownership.

On the ventilated comfort seats I have, the drivers seat ( only drivers seat for some reason) has a feature which you can turn off/on via switch which is left of the parking sensor switch. The button looks like a seat with a flap on,
when you push it the bottom of the drivers seat gently raises and lowers (alternating between left half and right half) it's called active seat in the owners manual. I call it butt paddles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
On the ventilated comfort seats I have, the drivers seat ( only drivers seat for some reason) has a feature which you can turn off/on via switch which is left of the parking sensor switch. The button looks like a seat with a flap on,
when you push it the bottom of the drivers seat gently raises and lowers (alternating between left half and right half) it's called active seat in the owners manual. I call it butt paddles.
Awhhh hell. I never even noticed that button. I have the active ventilated seats too. Dam it. Two months to figure out how to drive on sport mode. 6 months to realize where the active seat button is. The dam sales associate is not worth a dam. He should be selling toyotas. Now I'm wondering what else I have been doing wrong or he didn't tell me about. His delivery was a failure. Thanks DM.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #13
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by REInvestor View Post
Awhhh hell. I never even noticed that button. I have the active ventilated seats too. Dam it. Two months to figure out how to drive on sport mode. 6 months to realize where the active seat button is. The dam sales associate is not worth a dam. He should be selling toyotas. Now I'm wondering what else I have been doing wrong or he didn't tell me about. His delivery was a failure. Thanks DM.

NP
Appreciate 0