XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #23
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Having the same issue. Has this been resolved? I went from 160s to 180s and the discoloration appeared. Didn't have issues with 160s.
The issue with the design of the headlight itself. We did a lot of testing with dozens of different bulbs and found that every bulb including the stock bulb shows the same issue unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 06:48 PM   #24
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
The issue with the design of the headlight itself. We did a lot of testing with dozens of different bulbs and found that every bulb including the stock bulb shows the same issue unfortunately
Hmm, I guess that's possible. I don't think I had this issue with the 160s but maybe I wasn't paying that close attention. Mine are definitely not as bad as some of the pictures uploaded here and it's only a slight hue on the drivers side outer ring. No issues with passenger side at all.

EDIT: Just went outside to take pictures and noticed that they evened out. No issue anymore.

Last edited by mirob; 03-06-2017 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #25
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Albeit, I only had discoloration on one side, unlike the OP, here's what I did to resolve the issue. It may help someone else here.

When I was installing the passenger side, I was able to twist the bulb 1/5th as stated earlier in this thread and it would fit snug and lock into place. Tried it out, no issues.

During the driver side install, I noticed that the bulb would twist quite a bit more than the passenger side to lock into place, let's say 2/5ths. Thought nothing of it but when I tried it out I noticed discoloration on the inside of the outer ring ()O II O().

Pulled it from the car a couple of times to make sure I installed it right but no luck fixing it. On the last try I decided not to twist the bulb as far as it would but rather just match the passenger side (1/5th). This resolved my issue.

So, if your passenger and drivers side headlight assemblies for some reason have different twist travels like mine did, you may want to try this out.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #26
JMX6V8
Private
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.X6 View Post
What did you do to fix it?
There is no fix for this. I have been trying to get a new set of LED Headlight to do a conversion.
Appreciate 0