XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #45
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
I wasn't too impressed.

Overall I enjoyed the movie though. Some of the things I didn't like are below.

I love stranger things, but I didn't like having one of the stars from that show playing almost the exact same character in IT. Someone said, "hey let's throw some binoculars on his face and maybe people won't recognize him"... lol

Also, the banter with the kids was great. However, it is literally a carbon copy of stranger things. So again, my love for that series made me confused on what I'm watching. Is it stranger things or am I watching IT? Regardless, it felt like a rip off.

What I can not stand is that most scary movies use the same cookie cutter method of getting the audience scared. Let's have some loud shrill noises as the monster races towards the camera. This happened way too much. I wanted more of the slow burning creepy stuff like the opening scenes where we are wondering if IT is in the basement or not when he grabs the wax. Or wondering what on earth is going to happen when the boat falls into the drain. Those scenes made my stomach turn upside down with how it literally made me scare myself, wondering what is going to happen.

My favorite scene was the whole 3 minutes of the boat going down the drain. So it was a bummer to have the same excitement not be replicated the entire remainder of the movie.

Again I thought it was entertaining but could have been much better. And I wish it had its own identity more than feeling like stranger things season 2.
Something tells me you've never seen the original.
Are you referencing the stranger things comparison? Or the way IT was scaring people like every other scary monster does?

How would seeing the original help these questions? Genuinely curious. I would love to watch it sometime.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #46
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Are you referencing the stranger things comparison? Or the way IT was scaring people like every other scary monster does?

How would seeing the original help these questions? Genuinely curious. I would love to watch it sometime.
I just feel as if people watched the original before seeing the remake (and I'd wager that 70% of the audience who have seen the new one haven't seen the original) they would appreciate it more.
Appreciate 2
TXSTYLE13770.50
      09-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #47
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
I just feel as if people watched the original before seeing the remake (and I'd wager that 70% of the audience who have seen the new one haven't seen the original) they would appreciate it more.
I agree. But I still believe it does well as a new stand alone film.
      09-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #48
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:

Will do. I'll check it out for sure.
Appreciate 0