XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Vendors Classifieds

09-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #89
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl roof wrap

This is another return customer of mine. I had previously tinted the tail lights and blacked out the chrome window trim. However, this time, the owner of this grey Mercedes CLA 250 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof is a really nice subtle touch to the car, especially with the darker grey / silver color of the car. The owner of this car was from Fontana / Inland Empire and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done on his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #90
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is one of the few new BMW F30 silver 328i sedan that I have wrapped with the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish recently. As you can see, the finish/look of the cf vinyl roof changes depending on the angle that you are looking at it and how the light reflects off of it. The matte carbon roof complimented the darker colored wheels that were on the car fairly well. The pictures don't do it much justice, since I was mainly focusing on capturing an accurate portrayal of the roof vs the finish of the wheels. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have his roof wrapped.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #91
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

It's that time again. I am making tentative plans on making a trip up to San Francisco/San Jose/Bay Area to do vinyl wraps again. Looking at possibly being up there possibly between January 1 - January 8th. I will make an official thread once the details are finalized.

Send me an e-mail at Don@WannabeRacer.com to get a quote for some vinyl work or plasti dip work!

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #92
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black vinyl wrap over oxidized/faded carbon fiber

Commonly enough, carbon fiber pieces can start to fade and oxidize, leaving an ugly and less than desirable appearance. The owner of this black E46 325i sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the top of his faded carbon fiber trunk in my gloss black vinyl material. The trunk had actually deteriorated enough that the top gel coat near the edge of the trunk actually had “fallen” off. I have quite a few people ask me how vinyl looks like when applied over a rough or uneven surface, so I think these pictures will really be able to show you guys how the resulting finished product looks like. The owner of this car was from Torrance / Los Angeles and came out to me in Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #93
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Gloss black window trim
- Gloss black rear trunk bar
- Tinted / smoked rear tail lights

For this black Mercedes Benz S550, I blacked out the chrome window trim, rear trunk bar, and also lightly tinted the rear tail lights. The changes to the car cleaned up the lines of the car greatly and really worked well with the tinted windows and black wheels. It was almost a must needed to do thing for this car. The car still maintained some of the factory chrome pieces, so that it still provided a good balance and contrast to the car. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles / Beverly Hills and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 05:51 PM   #94
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Matte black vinyl roof wrap

Matte black is a good alternative to gloss black wraps for those who want to add a bit more of a contrast to the roof wrap or those who are trying to go for a more aggressive look. The owner of this Acura TSX sedan had me wrap his roof in my matte black vinyl finish. There are a lot of different brands of matte wraps out there, but I think the materials that I use provides one of the nicer shades of matte black, unlike the flat or chalk board looking types of matte wraps out there. The owner of this car was from Hollywood / Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done on his car.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #95
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I am possibly planning a trip out to New Jersey to do some wraps sometime between April - May. If you are in the area and would like to get work done, shoot me a message for more details.

Thanks!

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #96
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Overview:
- Carbon fiber roof wrap
- Matte black window trim vinyl wrap
- Matte black door handle inserts vinyl wrap

I wrapped the roof of this car in carbon fiber and blacked out the chrome window trim and door handle inserts in matte black. The following set of pictures will be good for those who want to go with matte black for the window trim or were debating between gloss black or matte black on the window trim. To give the car a more aggressive look, we went with the carbon fiber finish on the roof top. Then to match and compliment the already matte black wheels, we went with matte black on the window trim and door handles. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Los Angeles / Glendale to have the vinyl work done.

-Don

Don@WannabeRacer.com
Appreciate 0