XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

View Poll Results: What colour X6 35d should i choose?
White 18 64.29%
Red Metallic 5 17.86%
Grey 4 14.29%
Silver 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

04-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

Question Going to order new X6 35d - what colour? Red or White?

Hi guys!

I took a test drive of the X6 and loved it. I am ready to order, but cannot decide between taking a Red one or a white one?

Red - http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/up...0d55aeac_o.jpg

White - http://images.motortrend.com/roadtes...ear_motion.jpg

i looked at black but didnt lie it at all in black. Black hides all the nice curves of the car.

what are your views?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

i have vermillion red,and i am very happy! However Mineral silver is so cool! today i will post few pics of my car...hope will help you.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

I think either one of those are ok. I also agree the curves are lost in black but it looks more sinister.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I have a white one. Looks clean all the time compared to darker colors.

Red is nice. But I would grow tired of a red car.
      04-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Color is a very personal subject. You SHOULD make up your OWN mind. If people tell you to buy a particular color and you decide to go with that color but once you get your car you don't like it, you will regret your choice. You should pick the color that YOU like (usually the color you picked from the get go) and stick with it! Don't second guess your decisions

Just go for it and enjoy the car. After all, it is an awesome machine!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Color is a very personal subject. You SHOULD make up your OWN mind. If people tell you to buy a particular color and you decide to go with that color but once you get your car you don't like it, you will regret your choice. You should pick the color that YOU like (usually the color you picked from the get go) and stick with it! Don't second guess your decisions

Just go for it and enjoy the car. After all, it is an awesome machine!
+1
XD is correct go with your gut. Everyone (including me) will give you a justification for the color they picked. It really doesn't matter , you're paying for it , you're going to live with it.

Pick what makes you smile (when you drive this you smile a lot).
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 02:10 AM   #7
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

very true.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 02:15 AM   #8
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

i think black looks awsome on the x6!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

Saw the red a few days ago. Looked sweet. Go red.

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #10
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

white

Thanks for the feedback guys. Obviously i agree that i need to follow my preference and ultimately i will.

But takng advise from others can lead me to see things i had not realized before. Here in Holland there are very few white luxury cars. And if was not for seeing cars of others, i would not have known that it is also a very nice colour.

Some of u may have for instance chosen a colour but then have a bad experience with it due to reflections of the sun, dust, experience etc and this is something i cannot experience myself.

I always liked Red and this is what i was going to go for,... till i saw white in pictures. The problem is that i have still never yet seen a white one in real life. And i think i need to, otherwise i cannot decide.

One of u guys said above that the white that he has always appears clean. and this is a very valid point compared to a black car. I currently have a Carbon Black 535d and it is nice only for a sort while after washing, unlike my previous silver 530d.

so trust me advise is very very welcome! txs.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_adi View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. Obviously i agree that i need to follow my preference and ultimately i will.

But takng advise from others can lead me to see things i had not realized before. Here in Holland there are very few white luxury cars. And if was not for seeing cars of others, i would not have known that it is also a very nice colour.

Some of u may have for instance chosen a colour but then have a bad experience with it due to reflections of the sun, dust, experience etc and this is something i cannot experience myself.

I always liked Red and this is what i was going to go for,... till i saw white in pictures. The problem is that i have still never yet seen a white one in real life. And i think i need to, otherwise i cannot decide.

One of u guys said above that the white that he has always appears clean. and this is a very valid point compared to a black car. I currently have a Carbon Black 535d and it is nice only for a sort while after washing, unlike my previous silver 530d.

so trust me advise is very very welcome! txs.
You are always welcome. That's what this forum is for
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Here are some links you may find useful:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...isualizer.html

I had posted a different visualizer before in another thread (this one has a video clip version which I like a lot better). Follow the steps in the first post of this thread:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153200

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #13
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

The REd or White are very nice, I still like this though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #14
rsyed
Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW

white all the way...

Insta: bmw.shitbox
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #15
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I have a white one. Looks clean all the time compared to darker colors.

Red is nice. But I would grow tired of a red car.
+1. I had a hard time choosing between red and white and my concern initially was that after about 5-6 months I might get tired of the red and I was right and that is why I went with the white on my second one. To me, the white is cleaner looking and more classic of a color and hopefully I will not get sick of it after 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #16
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
+1. I had a hard time choosing between red and white and my concern initially was that after about 5-6 months I might get tired of the red and I was right and that is why I went with the white on my second one. To me, the white is cleaner looking and more classic of a color and hopefully I will not get sick of it after 6 months.
Plus I would assume in your climate, the white will help to keep the cabin temperature cooler on those hot sunny days than any darker color?!?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 03:55 AM   #17
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Go white - from a practical side, you can't lose.

But esthetically as well, cars all have a few "best colors" due to their lines. The x6 is no exception, but I think it's even more narrow. Red is great, but for some reason the lines on the x6 just pop in white.

I think it's interesting that up until the M launch, many of the vehicles for x6 adds, magazine articles, etc. were white.

We pretty much know what the blue looks like from the x5 M, but I'm really curious to see a few other colors for the x6 M.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #18
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Go white - from a practical side, you can't lose.

But esthetically as well, cars all have a few "best colors" due to their lines. The x6 is no exception, but I think it's even more narrow. Red is great, but for some reason the lines on the x6 just pop in white.

I think it's interesting that up until the M launch, many of the vehicles for x6 adds, magazine articles, etc. were white.

We pretty much know what the blue looks like from the x5 M, but I'm really curious to see a few other colors for the x6 M.
Hmmm that's strange, pretty much any advertisement including most magazine test drive shots showed the vermillion red X6. Sure there were other colors too, but I think the majority of the images you find are in VR which was the launch color for the X6!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #19
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yes, there are a ton of VR, as you put it, including the new X6 M launch. It's a great color, don't get me wrong. Maybe I see white everywhere because that what I like - LOL. But you note that I said ". . . magazine articles, etc. were white."

Just now I did a quick search and found no less than 5 blogs, magazine reviews, etc. of white ones.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...E57EtAOnkNihDg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...GJO6sgOiiuSJDg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...EIvosgOT-rCiDg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...EIvosgOT-rCiDg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...I6LYswPSiqCcDg

I'm sure I found more previously. But also, this search:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...art=72&ndsp=18

Looks like white and VR are just one of the many colors ppl like. Like I said, I like white and maybe that what I see even though I thing the next best is the VR.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #20
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Here's one of my favorite. I'm not really in to tuners, but would like to see the M a little lower.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Mineral / titanium silver looks nice as it blends together in w/ running boards,wheels, chrome window trim.
White is good if u don't mind the contrast with black wheelwell trim, lower part of running board, standard mud guards.
Depends on whether chrome or black kidney grills too, which depends on which model u order & fr. which country.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #22
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
Mineral / titanium silver looks nice as it blends together in w/ running boards,wheels, chrome window trim.
White is good if u don't mind the contrast with black wheelwell trim, lower part of running board, standard mud guards.
Depends on whether chrome or black kidney grills too, which depends on which model u order & fr. which country.
+1

For white, I prefer the blacked out black kidney grills.

This is a concept image but it's cool none the less.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0