XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-18-2023, 09:02 AM   #1
Bob_Ross
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 M-Sport

Main Dealer Saga + Now no sound to front tweeters

Short version...

I received my car back today after it went to BMW dealership to have the airbags replaced under recall; I had an aftermarket carplay screen installed and working but somehow they've managed to create a problem with the front door tweeters - no sound!
I'm going to pull the head unit out over the weekend, hoping its something simple, however if anybody is able to share an oem wiring diagram with me it would be much appreciated. I can then run a continuity test on the speaker line and figure out what on earth they've done.

Long version...

I took my E70 to the stealership on Monday to get the deathbags, sorry I meant airbags, replaced under recall. Whilst at the dealers they provided a free health check and sent me a video message which advised I needed the rear tracking doing, evidenced by excessive wear to the inside of the tyres. I'd recently had the rear tracking done for this very reason and was planning to go back and do the fronts once which required new track rod ends (rusted solid). The quote BMW provided for 4 way tracking was £144, which I thought wasn't bad and worth a punt. I explained all this to the service assistant, agreeing for them to first assess if the tracking rods could be free'd before carrying out any work; if they couldn't a quote was to be provided.
I arrive to collect the car, waited an to find out the tech had successfully completed the near side tracking but had snapped the tracking rod on the far side! After some back and forth I agreed to pay a discounted price of £290, which was slightly cheaper than what I was quoted to replace the tracking rods, albeit this was for only the broken rod.
I received the car back today and tested everything worked after having the dashboard off for the airbags and nope, my aftermarket carplay no longer plays from the door tweeters
I'm going to pull the head unit out over the weekend, hoping its something simple, however if anybody is able to share an oem wiring diagram with me it would be much appreciated. I can then run a continuity test on the speaker line and figure out what on earth they've done.
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2023, 07:44 AM   #2
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Did you find the culprit?