XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

Over my first 1000 km!!

1. Rumble of the engine is more noticeable. Engine responds faster to gassing.

2. 11-13 liters/100 km in urban traffic. 8-10 on state roads.

3. Love to make more abrupt 90 degrees turns. . suspension balancing kicks in.

4. Very, very smooth handling. A friend who own a 5 series (from 2005 I think) loved the feeling of handling of the Panzer.

5. Is it me or the car waits for more revs now (than when virgin) before upshifting on automatic. Cool thing.

6. I don't mind at all the small back window. .after all, the center mirror covers the rear view completely? Yes, it does. . I drove the Mazda after spending the last week in the X6, and tried to focus on how much back window I need in the Mazda6. .Results? Almost the same as in the X6. .The rest of the window not covered by the central mirror is just extra for sunlight.

7. I love the acceleration, but someday will get curious how the beast behaves with a K&N filter and sport exhaust. .and maybe a chip. I know that the sporty upgrade will shatter the factory smoothness> Been there, done that. Sudden jerks when wide opening the gas, a more aggresive behaviour of the car. . bigger gas consumption. Will see if I need that. . Have enough accel. jerks from the sport bike on track. Not sure yet I want the same feeling on a day to day basis, in the X6.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Allex18
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: E90 318I 2007 full

Garage List
nice what option does you`re panzer have?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

adaptive lights, rear view crap camera, ashtray. .not that much
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
adaptive lights, rear view crap camera, ashtray. .not that much
What about the gun size of the Panzer?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

What gun? I just can't wait to go over 1,500 miles to really squeeze the torque out of over 3,000 RPM. on a regular basis. . .One older Opel owner defied me the other day, gassing up not to let me pass in front of him. .after I passed. . he flashed me. . I mean, what?! Was he up for the challenge?! I was not, since I am breaking in the Panzer. .but did it. . You cannot loose face like that. .don't like show offs, but when they step on my tail. .I don't hold back.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
Allex18
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: E90 318I 2007 full

Garage List
cum se tine in curbe fara adaptive drive????? ai suspensie sport M ???? care jante le ai cu ce dimensiuni??? si eu vreau sa imi schimb E90 pe un x6 35d/35i
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:

7. I love the acceleration, but someday will get curious how the beast behaves with a K&N filter and sport exhaust. .and maybe a chip. I know that the sporty upgrade will shatter the factory smoothness> Been there, done that. Sudden jerks when wide opening the gas, a more aggresive behaviour of the car. . bigger gas consumption. Will see if I need that. . Have enough accel. jerks from the sport bike on track. Not sure yet I want the same feeling on a day to day basis, in the X6.
Who on earth told you this?, it's rubbish.
ALL my cars have been chipped or use the P-Tronic box, all drive great and are MORE economical and much smoother and quicker. Sorry someone is giving you duff INFO.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Johnbmw6

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Who on earth told you this?, it's rubbish.
ALL my cars have been chipped or use the P-Tronic box, all drive great and are MORE economical and much smoother and quicker. Sorry someone is giving you duff INFO.
Did u research other chips b4 choosing P-tronic? What were they?
On this side of the pond, Dinan is supported by many bmw dealers.Any Dinan in uk?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
What gun? I just can't wait to go over 1,500 miles to really squeeze the torque out of over 3,000 RPM. on a regular basis. . .One older Opel owner defied me the other day, gassing up not to let me pass in front of him. .after I passed. . he flashed me. . I mean, what?! Was he up for the challenge?! I was not, since I am breaking in the Panzer. .but did it. . You cannot loose face like that. .don't like show offs, but when they step on my tail. .I don't hold back.
Just a joke- since you call your X6 a Panzer after the armoured tank, hence the size of the gun?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #10
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allex18 View Post
cum se tine in curbe fara adaptive drive????? ai suspensie sport M ???? care jante le ai cu ce dimensiuni??? si eu vreau sa imi schimb E90 pe un x6 35d/35i
I would prefer to say in english.. so everybody understands. But, well;

Se tzine exceptional pentru o masina de calibrul asta. Nu se inclina. .suspensia se intareste live pe partea pe care fortezi. Am depasit pe multi pe exterior plecand de la semafor.

Am suspensie stock.

Jante pe 19.

Bafta la noul X6!!

Car holds exceptionally on lateral inertia. Suspension holds the car straight, when turning while accelerating.

Stock suspension.

19" stock rims.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Some photos with bad light. .ISO option on camera is not optimal for all photos. .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #12
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

ho ho..nice one...you have black roof rails? havent seen them before!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
ho ho..nice one...you have black roof rails? havent seen them before!

Yes, on Alpine Weiss they look good..a touch of black on the top. True, on Black X6, or Vermillion they might not make such a big contrast. But on Weiss they look Naisss.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 10:32 PM   #14
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Quarter front or Quarter back views of x6 looks really good, but dead straight, full sideview of x6, the doors look a little massive below glass, roof rails give it better balance. Unfortunately, i didn't order rails w/ mine.
Kidney grills should always be silver.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #15
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Yes Archie, I first got bothered by smaller windows on top of huge doors when I first saw the Audi TT. Then the Benzes. .mostly CL. But hey, if das ist za trend in Deutschland za makers of the finest cars, what can we do about it?! I also got conzerned about das windouz. . but when I lowered my seat in za Panzer, I realized they got a point. Panzers don't need scheisse windows the size of ones of office buildings. .that's rubbish, the sixties. . Wen yu drive ein Panzer you don't need windows like in za living room.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 02:00 AM   #16
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
Did u research other chips b4 choosing P-tronic? What were they?
On this side of the pond, Dinan is supported by many bmw dealers.Any Dinan in uk?
Not only "Researched" I have "USED" many others.........
so no problems as yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #17
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

johnbmw6, I am still waiting on a full report on the P-tronic. .doesn't matter if you are just a happy owner or/and a promoter.

Some other members asked if any trouble with P-tronic on your previous cars. . let's get honest and share the info. . even if small problems occured. . we can dig that. . if satisfaction is bigger. , ,and not major repair costs involved.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #18
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Space Gray

akraptor, when you say "stock suspension" do you mean you have "Dynamic Drive" option 2VA (which ran you ~3000 EUR if you got it) which is also indicated by the little Sport button between the shift knob and the parking brake.

I don't mean to bust your balls about it, that's option that stiffens the front & rear roll bars.

The standard one drives great just because they tuned it nicely for it weight and because the geometry is set so the handling resembles a sports car, as much as possible.
      03-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #19
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

I don't have "dynamic drive" but I appreciate the stock side reinforcing when accelerating while turning. True, I am still breaking in, had that experience with sliding on pavement, didn't floor it yet, but tonite I've been harsher with acceleration on a soaked road. I just want to ask you guys with more experience with X-drives. .

What's the feel when the Xdrive corrects traction on each wheel? Is it like a small hipshake? Didn't have the time to really test the system. . off city.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #20
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
johnbmw6, I am still waiting on a full report on the P-tronic. .doesn't matter if you are just a happy owner or/and a promoter.

Some other members asked if any trouble with P-tronic on your previous cars. . let's get honest and share the info. . even if small problems occured. . we can dig that. . if satisfaction is bigger. , ,and not major repair costs involved.
I bought the P-Tronic Box for my 635DSport same engine and ecu as X635D, so after a year in the 635DS, I transfered it to my X635D NO problems at all ok.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #21
baufix
Rep
Drives: X6 3,5d

@johnbmw6:

do you feel any changes (acceleration, speed, consumption) ?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #22
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Some photos with bad light. .ISO option on camera is not optimal for all photos. .
Pics look great! I just switched my Vermillion Red for Alpine White and I absolutely love the color! The Vermillion Red was great and grabbed a lot of attention but after about 6 months the color became a little blah to me and the white was exactly what I needed. Can't wait to either powder coat or paint the wheels black and add some carbon fiber accessories.
Appreciate 0