XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCBH View Post
Congrats...my v8 is now at the dealer and they cannot figure out what is wrong with it...they replaced the battery, some pump, and still same faults...check engine light...not the same as what some of you guys have experienced after all...they don't know how long they will have it now...it has been with them yesterday and today, now all weekend...and back to it on Monday...I am losing faith...these guys don't seem to have a clue about this car...really weak...they have had a bunch of guys working on it, and have had to call HQ...lame...
Well they did two things to mine , replaced battery and reprogrammed the car. not sure which one actually fixed it.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #24
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Thought I would give eveyone an update. BMWNA has decided to replace my X6 and bought back my current one and we just finalized everything today. They could not fix my steering issue and the dealer claims they were unable to duplicate the steering issue the second two times it was in repair after detecting it the first time. It is one of those intermittent problems that you can't just make happen but it happens quite frequently. I have probably felt it happen at least 10 times in the past week. I decided to change to Alpine White and have ordered the following specs below. Hopefully the car could start being built as early as beginning of next week and possibly delivered the end of the following week or beginning of week after that.

Options are following:

'09 xDrive 50i
Alpine White
Dark Bamboo trim
Sand Beige Nappa Seat with Leather Dash
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Climate Package
Sport Package
Space-saver spare tire
Comfort Access
Running Boards
20" wheel upgrade
Rear-view Camera
Head-Up Display
HD Radio
Sat Radio

Can't wait to post pics!
Shenard ,
Glad this is finally getting resolved. From VR to white is dramatic change any particular reason ?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #25
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Shenard ,
Glad this is finally getting resolved. From VR to white is dramatic change any particular reason ?
I have always loved AW on BMWs and was torn between this color and VR when I originally ordered VR so I have decided I would try a little change and get the best of both worlds. After seeing a friends M6 in AW last night at the Steve Dinan event with carbon fiber hood, cf mirrors, cf lower front grill and black out tailights, dinan V10 stroker motor, and many other mods I was sold that I had to order AW for my next X6.

Take a look at the pics of his M6. Probably the nicest one I have ever seen in person. Pictures don't do it justice and the CF hood looks so much better in person.

http://www.dfwautoclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #26
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have always loved AW on BMWs and was torn between this color and VR when I originally ordered VR so I have decided I would try a little change and get the best of both worlds. After seeing a friends M6 in AW last night at the Steve Dinan event with carbon fiber hood, cf mirrors, cf lower front grill and black out tailights, dinan V10 stroker motor, and many other mods I was sold that I had to order AW for my next X6.

Take a look at the pics of his M6. Probably the nicest one I have ever seen in person. Pictures don't do it justice and the CF hood looks so much better in person.

http://www.dfwautoclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87
Well I know that AW works on an X6 as I have seen one. Interesting wheels guess you don't have to worry about you car you looking like crap theree seconds after washing because of the break dust.
With all those mods I'm sure he racked up more than the required ten points for a dinan emblem , don't see it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #27
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Well I know that AW works on an X6 as I have seen one. Interesting wheels guess you don't have to worry about you car you looking like crap theree seconds after washing because of the break dust.
With all those mods I'm sure he racked up more than the required ten points for a dinan emblem , don't see it.
Guess he wanted to keep it clean looking.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #28
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

looks cool!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #29
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Thought I would give eveyone an update. BMWNA has decided to replace my X6 and bought back my current one and we just finalized everything today. They could not fix my steering issue and the dealer claims they were unable to duplicate the steering issue the second two times it was in repair after detecting it the first time. It is one of those intermittent problems that you can't just make happen but it happens quite frequently. I have probably felt it happen at least 10 times in the past week. I decided to change to Alpine White and have ordered the following specs below. Hopefully the car could start being built as early as beginning of next week and possibly delivered the end of the following week or beginning of week after that.

Options are following:

'09 xDrive 50i
Alpine White
Dark Bamboo trim
Sand Beige Nappa Seat with Leather Dash
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Climate Package
Sport Package
Space-saver spare tire
Comfort Access
Running Boards
20" wheel upgrade
Rear-view Camera
Head-Up Display
HD Radio
Sat Radio

Can't wait to post pics!
Hi Shenard,

glad to hear you got things worked out with BMW NA and congrats on the 'new' order. I look forward to your pictures

On another note, I went into the dealership today and canceled my X6 order. I got tired of waiting for the new iDrive on the X6.

Got an invitation for the 7series unveiling at the end of January. I just fell in LOVE with the 750

So today, I changed my order... see below

PS: I guess I should change my avatar...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #30
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

If only the new IDrive motivated you in getting the X6. . what can I say. . .good luck.
I Drive for me it's just a gizmo I fumble with, when getting bored at redlights. . .The real fun is in a different area.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #31
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
If only the new IDrive motivated you in getting the X6. . what can I say. . .good luck.
I Drive for me it's just a gizmo I fumble with, when getting bored at redlights. . .The real fun is in a different area.
Well, the iDrive wasn't the only factor WHY I changed my order to the 750, but it sure did heavily influence my decision!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #32
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Well, the iDrive wasn't the only factor WHY I changed my order to the 750, but it sure did heavily influence my decision!
Ok, please mention the other factors. I don't mind. . and I am sure that other owners wouldn't, either.

It's good to hear about all the information available. Even if negative. . This will help us get over issues, with less headache.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #33
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
Ok, please mention the other factors. I don't mind. . and I am sure that other owners wouldn't, either.

It's good to hear about all the information available. Even if negative. . This will help us get over issues, with less headache.
I guess the biggest 'issue' I had with this car is that my wife absolutely HATES the X6 (and she told me so EVERY TIME we saw one on the road!)...

The second issue (for me) was the iDrive. I mean, why should I buy a (new) car with an old iDrive system when I know that BMW has a better one already available???

Especially when they already put them into the current 3series (and other models)?

Take a look at these links/posts and you see what I mean when I say that the current iDrive in the X6 is OLD, SLOW and WAY outdated:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3432271

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3432361

You only need to spend a minute with the new iDrive to know EXACTLY what I mean.

And lastly, I think what really made me pull the plug on the X6 was the fact that this car seems to have WAY too many issues. If I look back to when I started posting on this forum, pretty much EVERY ONE that has bought this car and posted here has had some sort of MAJOR problem with their car since then...

Now I'm not saying that BMW makes bad cars, after all I just bought another one and I'm not foreseeing to change brands any time soon (although I did drive a MB S550 4Matic fully loaded with AMG package for a few days and I can't say that I'm impressed with the S550). Now I sure hope that the new 7 will have a better (or at least slightly better) track record than the current X6 in regards to reliability. I guess only time will tell...

In the meantime, I hope, for the sake of all those that bought the X6 that BMW can figure out all those pesky issues (small and big ones) so that every one can get back to enjoying their ride!

Who knows, maybe in a year or two I'll go back and look at the X6 again, though I sure hope that BMW will take the X6's DPC and stick it into a 7 series ... preferably the upcoming 760i TTV12 ... NOW we are talking!!!

Anyway, there you have it, my main 3 reasons for switching to the 750i Individual...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #34
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

I use the I-drive mostly for music. . .I found out today that the old PDC system is much more convenient visually to monitor distances while parking that the rueckfarkamera. .It makes much more sense to see distances in front/back of the car at a glimpse of an eye, from above, on a cartoon screen.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 03:08 AM   #35
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Problems

Don't think the 750 will be without any glitches as it's also a 1st run.
Think most of the electrical problems are related to wrong battery being installed as per Car & Driver Long Term x6 tester. Once the correct 1 is installed, i've been lucky to say i've had no problemo so faro.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #36
quitethesnapper
bimmerlover
Canada
Rep
Drives: the panzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
I guess the biggest 'issue' I had with this car is that my wife absolutely HATES the X6 (and she told me so EVERY TIME we saw one on the road!)...

The second issue (for me) was the iDrive. I mean, why should I buy a (new) car with an old iDrive system when I know that BMW has a better one already available???

Especially when they already put them into the current 3series (and other models)?

Take a look at these links/posts and you see what I mean when I say that the current iDrive in the X6 is OLD, SLOW and WAY outdated:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3432271

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3432361

You only need to spend a minute with the new iDrive to know EXACTLY what I mean.

And lastly, I think what really made me pull the plug on the X6 was the fact that this car seems to have WAY too many issues. If I look back to when I started posting on this forum, pretty much EVERY ONE that has bought this car and posted here has had some sort of MAJOR problem with their car since then...

Now I'm not saying that BMW makes bad cars, after all I just bought another one and I'm not foreseeing to change brands any time soon (although I did drive a MB S550 4Matic fully loaded with AMG package for a few days and I can't say that I'm impressed with the S550). Now I sure hope that the new 7 will have a better (or at least slightly better) track record than the current X6 in regards to reliability. I guess only time will tell...

In the meantime, I hope, for the sake of all those that bought the X6 that BMW can figure out all those pesky issues (small and big ones) so that every one can get back to enjoying their ride!

Who knows, maybe in a year or two I'll go back and look at the X6 again, though I sure hope that BMW will take the X6's DPC and stick it into a 7 series ... preferably the upcoming 760i TTV12 ... NOW we are talking!!!

Anyway, there you have it, my main 3 reasons for switching to the 750i Individual...
i also went to the unveiling of the new 7 at the harbourside studios in toronto and i can totally understand why you chose that car, the car is absolutely dynamite, the only thing is that it doesn't come with xdrive yet, how do you think it will handle the winters up here? as well, my x6 is a monster, i absolutely love it, except for this check engine light, i don't really spend that much time using idrive while driving except for ipod use or the odd nav use, i just don't understand going from x6 to 7 series, why not wait for x5 m or x6 m? or until the x6 comes with new idrive, the truck is definitely worth the wait, i ordered mine april 2008 and took delivery october 31st, the wait killed me but was totally worth it
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #37
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitethesnapper View Post
i also went to the unveiling of the new 7 at the harbourside studios in toronto and i can totally understand why you chose that car, the car is absolutely dynamite, the only thing is that it doesn't come with xdrive yet, how do you think it will handle the winters up here? as well, my x6 is a monster, i absolutely love it, except for this check engine light, i don't really spend that much time using idrive while driving except for ipod use or the odd nav use, i just don't understand going from x6 to 7 series, why not wait for x5 m or x6 m? or until the x6 comes with new idrive, the truck is definitely worth the wait, i ordered mine april 2008 and took delivery october 31st, the wait killed me but was totally worth it
Agree don't get the fascination with a new idrive UI but I deal with computers all day long so I guess I'm immune to the gee wiz factor. I'm like you nav once in a while but mostly just to see where I am in the play list. I buy bimmers to drive them not look at the gadgets. Folks can have a new bimmer on order forever waiting for the latest gizmo, BMW always has something just around the corner.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #38
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitethesnapper View Post
I've originally ordered my X6 xDrive50i back in May of 2008. After waiting for this long and hearing that the delay for the iDrive is taking even longer and on top, seeing the new 7 series, I decided to go and change my order. Originally I wanted to buy the 7 to begin with but saw the X6 in the show room (35i) and liked it. The xDrive is what really sold me back then. The X6 is a great car, that's why I had ordered it in the 1st place, but for me, the 7 beats the X6 in luxury and comfort.

The 7 will come with xDrive starting with the 2010 model. I may just exchange my 7 to the xDrive version then. We'll see. And if weather conditions do really get to the point I don't want to take the 7, I can always take my wife's xDrive car

I hope that the new 760 will be available in xDrive version, if that's the case, I'm sure I'm going to change my 750 to the 760 xDrive

You should go and test drive the 7... I'm amazed by the small turning circle this car has. The integral steering reduces the turning circle by a good 2 feet!!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #39
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Agree don't get the fascination with a new idrive UI but I deal with computers all day long so I guess I'm immune to the gee wiz factor. I'm like you nav once in a while but mostly just to see where I am in the play list. I buy bimmers to drive them not look at the gadgets. Folks can have a new bimmer on order forever waiting for the latest gizmo, BMW always has something just around the corner.
I spend my entire day in front of computers. Heck I design processor based systems for a living

And I do too buy bimmers for the driving experience and the fun factor that goes with it. But at the same time, I don't see why I should buy a new car with an old controller in it
Appreciate 0