XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

08-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63S Wagon

FOUND IT! WTB: 2011/2012 X5 Sport Activity DSB/Carbon Black

The hunt has been on for a few months now for a 2011/2012, preferably 2012, DSB/Carbon Black X5 3.5 or diesel. I couldn't pull the trigger on uvacarbuff's X5M in Chicago, I didn't need a 555HP truck.....Chris' 2011 SG looks great but I'm not that into SG. I bid on two cars that ran thru Manheim over the past two months but they ended up going for more than I was willing to pay after shipping/fees/minor recon.

I realize I'm being very picky, which is probably why the hunt has been going on for a few months. I've been watching AT, cars.com, eBay, Manheim, Carmax, this forum, and probably a few other places. I'm 99% sure I've seen everything that's out there currently.

My absolutes are M-Sport or Sport Activity w/ the 20s. Priority 1A is DSB or CB. I've had BS before and my current car is black...I'm just tired of black honestly. PG or AW would be ok too. Comfort seats/DSP/CWP are the three key options (in addition to the almost-standard convenience package) I'm looking for but would be willing to compromise there. Sub 50K miles and right around 40K, preferably less, all-in, i.e., including shipping/transportation (read: me driving it back) costs.

Yes, I realize I'm looking for a needle in a haystack and I could be looking for quite some time, but I figured I'd throw this out there as well. Thanks!

Edit 11/6/14 - Found it! 2012 CB M-Sport w/ 34K miles. Pictures forthcoming! The hunt has ended......finally......if I looked at another 334 wheel I think I would have gone nuts.

Last edited by goodmaj; 11-06-2014 at 11:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmaj View Post
The hunt has been on for a few months now for a 2011/2012, preferably 2012, DSB/Carbon Black X5 3.5 or diesel. I couldn't pull the trigger on uvacarbuff's X5M in Chicago, I didn't need a 555HP truck.....Chris' 2011 SG looks great but I'm not that into SG. I bid on two cars that ran thru Manheim over the past two months but they ended up going for more than I was willing to pay after shipping/fees/minor recon.

I realize I'm being very picky, which is probably why the hunt has been going on for a few months. I've been watching AT, cars.com, eBay, Manheim, Carmax, this forum, and probably a few other places. I'm 99% sure I've seen everything that's out there currently.

My absolutes are M-Sport or Sport Activity w/ the 20s. Priority 1A is DSB or CB. I've had BS before and my current car is black...I'm just tired of black honestly. PG or AW would be ok too. Comfort seats/DSP/CWP are the three key options (in addition to the almost-standard convenience package) I'm looking for but would be willing to compromise there. Sub 50K miles and right around 40K, preferably less, all-in, i.e., including shipping/transportation (read: me driving it back) costs.

Yes, I realize I'm looking for a needle in a haystack and I could be looking for quite some time, but I figured I'd throw this out there as well. Thanks!
Good luck in your search! I spent 10 months looking for a specific color and package configuration, though my search parameters changed several times in those 10 months (35i to 50i, 2011 to 2012, etc.). In March or so I began only looking at 2012 50i's, and finally found one last week. Be patient and eventually this vehicle will show up.

Are you checking the BMWUSA.com CPO page? That's where I found mine - it wasn't listed anywhere else except the dealer website which I'd have never found as it was an out of state dealer I'd never heard of.

There was a beautiful DSB over Cinnamon M Sport on Autotrader last week...not sure if it's still there? It was a 50i however and priced right around 50K which isn't what you're looking for, but it looked real nice.

Edit - did you see this one? Missing some of the packages you're looking for though it does have M Sport and Convenience, and it's Carbon Black, under 40K.
http://www.ebautobrokers.com/detail-...-12044370.html

Last edited by jiggz; 08-07-2014 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:

Same for me too. Been looking for White/Brown for a while, not many out there. Just wonder how you were able to bid at Manhein?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Good luck in your search! I spent 10 months looking for a specific color and package configuration, though my search parameters changed several times in those 10 months (35i to 50i, 2011 to 2012, etc.). In March or so I began only looking at 2012 50i's, and finally found one last week. Be patient and eventually this vehicle will show up.

Are you checking the BMWUSA.com CPO page? That's where I found mine - it wasn't listed anywhere else except the dealer website which I'd have never found as it was an out of state dealer I'd never heard of.

There was a beautiful DSB over Cinnamon M Sport on Autotrader last week...not sure if it's still there? It was a 50i however and priced right around 50K which isn't what you're looking for, but it looked real nice.

Edit - did you see this one? Missing some of the packages you're looking for though it does have M Sport and Convenience, and it's Carbon Black, under 40K.
http://www.ebautobrokers.com/detail-...-12044370.html
Thanks! I'm trying to stay away from the 5.0s as much as possible. Before my MB I had an e39 M5, which was tons of fun....but I just don't need all that.

I should have added that I've been regularly on BMW's CPO page as well. They finally fixed it last week where a search for Blue doesn't also return BS as well. But you still need to select Black to get CB. In the ideal world, it'd be CPO as well but that's also why I'm looking at the 2012s. That way, I'd have enough time to experience the car and decide whether or not to get the extended warranty (no, this isn't a thread about whether or not they're worth it!).

I saw the DSB on AT for around 44. There's another one for 41.5 that I sent a question to the owner.

That one up in Seattle doesn't have nav. They've had it for awhile, go figure. BMW Seattle had a really nice CB as well for a long time, but it didn't have lumbar support in the seat and they finally sold it. There's one out in the SF area that I had a friend check out. It's DSB w/ comfort seats and is priced right, but my friend pointed out a few undisclosed issues. It's still in the hopper though.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspdr View Post
Same for me too. Been looking for White/Brown for a while, not many out there. Just wonder how you were able to bid at Manhein?
I've seen a few AW over Cinnamon, but they're probably the same ones you've seen.

As for Manheim, I have access through a friend's account. He made me promise not to buy anything since it's on his account, but I have another friend here who will buy it and take care of all shipping and recon (if necessary).

On the ones where I bid, I was watching the auction online. I'm sure the live experience is even more crazy, but if you've never watched a car auction, you're missing out. You better be ready because it's a car every 30-45 seconds. Amazing how fast they go and even more so who ends up buying them. I've tracked a few after the sale to see how much they ended up being listed for. If the car went through auction semi-recently, you can usually track down how much they paid for it via the MMR screens.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've seen a few AW over Cinnamon, but they're probably the same ones you've seen.

As for Manheim, I have access through a friend's account. He made me promise not to buy anything since it's on his account, but I have another friend here who will buy it and take care of all shipping and recon (if necessary).

On the ones where I bid, I was watching the auction online. I'm sure the live experience is even more crazy, but if you've never watched a car auction, you're missing out. You better be ready because it's a car every 30-45 seconds. Amazing how fast they go and even more so who ends up buying them. I've tracked a few after the sale to see how much they ended up being listed for. If the car went through auction semi-recently, you can usually track down how much they paid for it via the MMR screens.
There was one X that went through the auction on 7/24/14, i was wondering if you can track it down the dealer bought it, and how much? One of the dealer was going to get it for me, but i was quoted too much. Vin#5UXZV4C52CL751710. Can you PM if you see something im looking for. color is specific for me, but option is flxible.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #7
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
There was one X that went through the auction on 7/24/14, i was wondering if you can track it down the dealer bought it, and how much? One of the dealer was going to get it for me, but i was quoted too much. Vin#5UXZV4C52CL751710. Can you PM if you see something im looking for. color is specific for me, but option is flxible.
MMR doesn't go by VIN when looking at previous sales. What was the color and mileage?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #8
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just bought an Alpine over Cinnamon X5 this week - I wouldn't call them common but they're really rare either. Of the 5 interiors on the LCI, Tobacco is the least common.

There's a few 2011 50i's here in Seattle that are Alpine over Cinnamon, although that VIN you provided is a 35i so maybe you're not looking at the V8's?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #9
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MMR doesn't go by VIN when looking at previous sales. What was the color and mileage?
AW/CB. 15500 miles
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #10
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
I just bought an Alpine over Cinnamon X5 this week - I wouldn't call them common but they're really rare either. Of the 5 interiors on the LCI, Tobacco is the least common.

There's a few 2011 50i's here in Seattle that are Alpine over Cinnamon, although that VIN you provided is a 35i so maybe you're not looking at the V8's?
Did you buy from dealer or private? I Prefer 35i, because i had 50i. There was one from private party a couple weeks back 2012 with 20k miles 35i, accident on carfax Sold for $42.5k
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #11
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you buy from dealer or private? I Prefer 35i, because i had 50i. There was one from private party a couple weeks back 2012 with 20k miles 35i, accident on carfax Sold for $42.5k
I bought mine through a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:46 PM   #12
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
AW/CB. 15500 miles
Thanks
I think I found it. AW that ran on 7/24 in PA. 15,364 miles. Sold for $41,500. MMR only notes exterior, not interior colors.

That particular car went for more than any other X5 3.5 w/ the same 10 digit VIN prefix that ran thru Manheim in the past month. ANY X5 3.5, I'm looking at around 175 cars total in the sample. Must've been perfect, condition was stated as Above Average.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #13
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think I found it. AW that ran on 7/24 in PA. 15,364 miles. Sold for $41,500. MMR only notes exterior, not interior colors.

That particular car went for more than any other X5 3.5 w/ the same 10 digit VIN prefix that ran thru Manheim in the past month. ANY X5 3.5, I'm looking at around 175 cars total in the sample. Must've been perfect, condition was stated as Above Average.
That's the X. The dealer told me $42.8. Do you have info on dealer who bought it?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #14
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
That's the X. The dealer told me $42.8. Do you have info on dealer who bought it?
Afraid not. Once a car sells there's very little public information available about it on Manheim. My advice would be to google the VIN, whenever it does get posted for sale it'll come up.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if the sales price includes Manheim's auction fee. Even if it isn't, that fee would not be $1300. Sounds like your dealer was trying to squeeze a little extra profit.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #15
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Afraid not. Once a car sells there's very little public information available about it on Manheim. My advice would be to google the VIN, whenever it does get posted for sale it'll come up.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if the sales price includes Manheim's auction fee. Even if it isn't, that fee would not be $1300. Sounds like your dealer was trying to squeeze a little extra profit.
Have been googling vin#, not posted yet. I agree about dealer tried to squeezed me.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #16
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep

Bump. There's two in Richmond I'm tracking but they both have issues. Has anyone heard of JCL Automotive? They've got a DSB over Tan with all my options....except for the 20s.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #17
pacificcastle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2011 E70 X5 50

2011 X5 50

I know this may not be of interest, but I have a 2011 X5 50 fully loaded with every option you can get with vehicle. It is Black Saphire Metallic with Beige interior. Only has 19xxx miles on it and the reason I would consider selling it is because I a truly looking for an X5M with about the same miles on it.

Though it wouldnt be in the 40k price range...

Just throwing that out there and/or if someone is interested in this vehicle just hit me up.

Regards,

Damian
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #18
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep

Hey Damian, thanks for the message. I bet your color combo looks pretty good, there's a dealer named Momentum Motor Cars down in Atlanta that has the exact same combo on a 35. Nice miles too and I'm sure your options are good. But......not really looking for a 50 and I'm really trying to stay away from black. If that was the case the hunt would have ended sooner as there's a few DSB/CB 50s / BS 35s that I've seen here and there. In fact, there are a good number of BS 35s out there, for whatever reason that color seems to have been much more popular than JB.

Thanks again! The hunt continues.....
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:36 PM   #19
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I realize this one is quite a bit more than you wanted to spend (and a year newer), but posting it anyway

2013 xDrive35i - 13K miles
Deep Sea Blue/Beige/Burl Walnut
M Sport with 20's
M Performance (I think it adds 20 HP on the 35i?)
Convenience
Adaptive Drive
Active Steering
Active Ventilated Seat Package (heated, ventilated, and multi-contour)

No DSP or CWP like you mentioned, but I would say the Performance Package and Adaptive Drive make up for that...IMO. This one looks to have been configured by an enthusiast!

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...77331598&Log=0

Last edited by jiggz; 08-28-2014 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #20
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

There was a 2013 M sport 50i here with 17k miles, White/Black, not sure what packages it had, listed for $51K, he wanted $48k. I thought it was a great deal, but im not looking for 50i and Black.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 06:50 AM   #21
daltonnnn
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, MSM, Clubman S

I have my 12 X5d AW/black leather interior 33k in CA if you might be interested. I'll have to go home and get the spec sheet if you want all the details, but it's pretty much fully loaded, except for no HUD and soft closed doors, I believe. It's also pretty modded. PM me if interested.
      10-10-2014, 12:25 AM   #22
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep

Bump for the hunt continuing.....
Appreciate 0