XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
Evoking
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Should We Get X5 - What's Your Profile?

Hey peeps,

So I'm considering an X5 for the wife and as our family, daily (and business when needed) ride. The current 4 door is an Estoril Blue E36 M6, prior was a Jag XJR. She thought the Jag made her feel "too old" so we went the other extreme with a very rare and clean M3. Now ready to move to something newer and more refined.

I'm probably going to get either a Porsche 928, E63 M6 or some other beast as my personal toy. For the 4 door in the house I was considering 335, E550, Jag XF, LR4 or even a RR Sport. I came across an 07 X5 Space Gray 4.8 for about $34k and have been thinking about it. But I'm wondering if it would push the right buttons... It isn't tall like an LR4 and doesn't handle or look as svelte as a 335, XF or E550. So it's somewhat of a jack of all trades right?

I guess that concern might make me somewhat of a purist... Truck or car? The rovers seem to have pressence because they're a big square English truck and they're great off road. The sedans have pressence because they're just good looking European sedans. Where does that leave the X5?

Did any of you have this concern or thought process? What's your profile and how did you decide on the X5 over things like RR Sport or the sedans and are you happy?
Appreciate 0