XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-29-2022, 12:46 PM   #1
Lex3is
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lexus 3IS, E70 X5

Help with Exhaust (2013 X5 E70)

Hello, I wanted some help finding out if an X5m exhaust (axle-back portion) will bolt up to a normal X5? I don't know much about BMWs because I personally drive and work on Japanese cars like Toyota/Lexus, Subaru, and Honda/Acura so this is all new to me. (I'm doing this for my cousin since he saw that I modded my car and wants to start doing the same) If the X5m exhaust doesn't bolt up, does anyone have any suggestions for a nice sounding but not obnoxious exhaust? He said he wanted something that is a little deeper/throatier without it being very loud and undrivable because it is a daily. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 06:50 AM   #2
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

What is the “normal X5”? The 35i or 50i? The X5m exhaust is a dual inlet.

The 35i exhaust is a single pipe so it will not bolt up. I guess you could install a y-pipe of sorts to get the muffler to connect. The next issue is the bumper. The 35i bumper, even if you have the m sport bumpers is nothing like the real M bumper. You would have to swap those and possibly the fender flares to fit.

With the 5.0, the exhaust should bolt right up. The issue again, is the bumper. You would have to swap the M bumper and fender flares over.

If you want to better exhaust, Vibrant makes mufflers and resonators that can replace the stock part. Dinan, Megan racing do as well. If you have the V8, he could just cut the muffler completely.
      06-03-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

FYI only - IIRC there's a 3.5i bmw performance exhaust that was a factory option...I added that option to a 3.5i I bought new in 2013. It's subtle dual exhaust and likely bolt on. Not really an option if you want aggressive sound.