XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
ifly
Cruising!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

2013's hardest to find cars

Look at what is number 2 on the top 15 hardest to find cars in the US. Days worth of inventory is interesting as most dealers in Colorado don't have any in stock and the ones that do seem to sit there.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/ehmk4...gallerycontent

BMW X3 is also high on the list.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Andrey
Average Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, Gone 2011 BMW 550i,

Not sure where these guys were looking for these cars but it is so not true,
I do not agree with this list
looks like a commercial for some of the horrible car, making them look so desirable and hard to find.
For some of these cars there is a reason why they are hard to find, NOBODY buys them so they stopped making them unless you order to build them for you.
BTW, pontiacs and Saturns are even harder to find!!!
I love bimmers and i do want to believe that bimmers are so special and they are hard to find, but let's be honest, if you've got money you can get any car you'd like.
just my opinion
cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
giants84
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 x6 5.0

Actually 2012 x6s are sold out in new york. In fact only x6 i seen at the dealers i visited were used ones.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post
looks like a commercial for some of the horrible car, making them look so desirable and hard to find.
For some of these cars there is a reason why they are hard to find, NOBODY buys them so they stopped making them unless you order to build them for you.
I love bimmers and i do want to believe that bimmers are so special and they are hard to find, but let's be honest, if you've got money you can get any car you'd like.
just my opinion
cheers
X6M was very hard to find when i was looking for one last year
It still is
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
just my opinion
cheers
Have you shopped for one of these cars lately? Dealers in certain areas are asking for a $7,500 Market Adjustment on the Prius C. Others on this board had a hard time even finding a dealer to take their order for the X6. Why would you disagree with this list? It is based on the time spent on the lot for each car. The statement " if you've got money you can get any car you'd like." is so very true - and in this case, you better have money to get one of these cars, because they are not going for cost - some are going for more than MSRP.

PS which of these cars is horrible?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
ifly
Cruising!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Quote:
just my opinion
cheers
Interesting opinion but as someone on a wait list for an X6 for the last 3 weeks I can tell you my late September delivery is very real at this point as August production and early September is already committed with no available production slots. Most dealers don't have any stock 2013 X6's and the ones that do don't have the options folks are looking for.

LOL, on the Pontiac and Saturn statement! You still looking for one?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 M

I couldn't find one to test drive. The dealers I spoke to said everyone they ordered would get spoken for before being delivered. I had to order mine like everyone else.

It was tough deciding between the X6M and the Pontiac Aztec, but ultimately I decided it was better to have the BMW maintenance program. Tough call though
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
Andrey
Average Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, Gone 2011 BMW 550i,

I was joking about pontiac and saturn, and i totally agree on a BMW being hard to find, but toyota prius? when gas is $2.89 per gallon. Come on Lexus RX350 / 450h, there are millions of them on the road and dealers are full of them, i drive by lexus dealers every now and then and there are plenty of them. Hundai elantra, ...really? my sister went to the dealership and bought the new one the same day. Kia Soul, #10 on the list, needles to say.
Acure rdx why would anyone buy one that car instead of MDX??? They also put X5 as # 13 with X5M in the picture. Now with my search for an X5 i found that there are plenty of them, just not the one that i want, not the package that i must have so i am sure they are somewhat hard to get and waiting time frustrating.
I am not trying to offend anyone here, i just think that some of these cars on the list is a joke. and again its just my opinion (subject to change)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
I was joking about pontiac and saturn, and i totally agree on a BMW being hard to find, but toyota prius? when gas is $2.89 per gallon. Come on Lexus RX350 / 450h, there are millions of them on the road and dealers are full of them, i drive by lexus dealers every now and then and there are plenty of them. Hundai elantra, ...really? my sister went to the dealership and bought the new one the same day. Kia Soul, #10 on the list, needles to say.
Acure rdx why would anyone buy one that car instead of MDX??? They also put X5 as # 13 with X5M in the picture. Now with my search for an X5 i found that there are plenty of them, just not the one that i want, not the package that i must have so i am sure they are somewhat hard to get and waiting time frustrating.
I am not trying to offend anyone here, i just think that some of these cars on the list is a joke. and again its just my opinion (subject to change)
Andrey
I'm not doubting your observations, but:
Prius is not your regular Prius, it's plug-in hybrid
RX350 - is very common, but can you get 2013 one right now?
Elantra is 2013, did your sister buy 2013?
Same applies for others?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 M

Quote:
Just to be clear, I am . This place would be no fun at all without a jab here an there. By the way, thank you finding this. I received great satisfaction to know there is such a demand for a vehicle getting 12 mpg.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
Rek
Dark Knight Rises
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 3.5/2009 FX35

Prestige BMW in NJ has 2012/2013 X6's on the lot. They're not that hard to find. They even have a black 2012 X6M
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
zerrantoss
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

I haven't seen a single 2013 X6 in Vancouver yet..
Not sure if it's a Canada thing..
Appreciate 0