XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
riven83
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 5.0

Thumbs up Rattle Noise Problem Fixed,, Many issue Identified

Dear All

Recently I read many issues related to BMW X6 rattle noise. I got this issue with my car since 1.5 year. I tried to investigate the issue by myself and I asked many friends and at the same time I took my car to the dealer, but they didnt even knew what is the problem.

before two weeks I took my car to the dealer. I had many problems:
1- Whenever I put the car in R or D mode, but drove it slowly and at the same time I move the steering right or left, I feel some vibration and rattle noise.
2- when I drove on ruff road, and I press brake, I hear rattle noise from the cabinet.

Yesterday I got my car from the dealer. These things been replaced:
1- Replacing Lower Steering Spindle
2- Replacing Rubber Mount for Transmission
3- Replacing Tension Struts
4- They did some alignment and adjusting the wheel and axles.

I just start my car and drove it for not even 3 meter, the rattle noise was clearly identified and I called the service advisor and I told him about it and I brought the car because of these main issues, I showed him what I meant, he told me to open the bonnet, and he checked there, and he found the issue, and guess what is the issue (or check the attachment if the photo not appear):

The plastic cover were broken, the screws weren't there. So the plastic cover were hitting the engine part and moved and this is the reason for feeling the rattle noise. Many time I was angry about this noise and I didn't even thought it will be the broken of cover. He told me it happened because of high temperature ( I live in Dubai, in summer it reach 50 C degree). I was angry about it as I brought the car for this issue and they didn't even checked it, then I insist them to fix it now and the good thing they did it for free. I got my car in Nov-2008 and I used it until now for 115000 KM, which I believe too much comparing to normal using of car. I paid for it $1450.

I hope the people who got the same rattle noise check the plastic cover (I don't know its name) and check and maybe having the same issue.

I had plenty of issues about my engine vibration once it start and the shake of the car once it move slowly. This is other story related to my car. I took it to the dealer before two months. They changed many parts: all spark plugs, 4 Injectors, engine ring sealing and computer unit. The good thing it was still under warranty.

I hope I wont get any problem soon. My warranty is already finished and from now on I should pay for any problem.
Attached Images

Last edited by riven83; 02-09-2011 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: fixing the error
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
BabyBlack
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E90 335i & E71 X6M

Nice find OP
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Thanks for the info. I just hate it when cars rattle and the dealer can never find or fix, I usually get rid of car when it starts to rattle as it will drive me nuts.
Appreciate 0