XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

09-09-2023, 05:38 PM   #1
rbryantaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E70 4.8i, 2008 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.67]
2007 BMW X5 4.8i  [10.00]
WTB: Blown VDC shocks with good sattelites for experiement

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Does anyone have a blown set of VDC shocks for an e70 X5?

I am working on an experiment to see if I can retrofit some F15 shocks into them but the satellites are very different. I want to see if I can mount and control an F15 shock with an e70 satellite by creating a custom mount and splicing it into the wiring.

The valves seem the same to me it is just the controls that are different and BMW doesn't have a connector between the valve and the sattelite so I would have to cut them off for the experiment.

It would be best if I could get a set of the satellites from some blown shocks for experimentation so that I don't have to cut my current ones incase it doesn't work out.

If it does work then I can work out the best possible way to connect them so that the original e70 satellite can be used with just a single connector added and a custom bracket.

Please send me a PM if you happen to have a blown VDC shock laying around or a set of 4 that would otherwise get thrown away. That way I don't have to buy a high priced working one. The whole point of this is to reduce costs by enabling the use of the cheaper F15 setup.

-Rich