XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #1
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

Trailer Light Help...

So I’m having a strange problem where my trailer lights were working fine two weeks ago however just last week I tried connecting to a uhaul trailer and no dice. I was able to confirm that it is indeed the car as the guy was kind enough to show me the lights worked using his truck. The last rental I was having intermittent issues but it seemed to resolve itself after I fiddled with the trailer connector but now I’m having no luck.

I’m wondering if anyone can try a test for me and with just the ignition on, do you get power to the 4-pin connector at the hitch? I tested mine and I wasn’t able to see any voltage across the various pins. I’m just not sure if I should see voltage to those pins with the lights on and the key set to on, not running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also all fuses checked out ok.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #2
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

Well after further testing I found the problem. The harness connector on the hitch side somehow came just loose enough to not make contact with terminals. Not sure how it got loose but I think we are back in business.
Appreciate 0