XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
Mnite_S63
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6, 2010 X5M

Beware of Buyer STEP2ME

Attention all Beware of Buyer STEP2ME

Sold him RK intakes with tracking number in April and was delivered 4/4/18

He decides to dispute the transaction today via PayPal from his credit card company.

Don't sell him anything as he will try to screw You.

Anyone can shed some light on how this works regarding dispute?

I have tracking info and confirmed it was delivered at address indicated on his PayPal.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #2
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Wow, so you've been waiting for your funds since April?!? The good news is: You have a verifiable tracking number, which helps your disputed PayPal case extremely.

The bad news is: PayPal often times gives the buyer the 'benefit of the doubt', and this will hold up the release of your money until they slowly investigate and settle your case. So you have to be a little patient. Sorry to hear about this... Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 08:58 PM   #3
Kauaian
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 & E70 X5

I’ve heard of people doing this and PayPal ruling in favor of the buyer. I didn’t know all of the details but I always hear others in these situations state PayPal was a PITA in regards to assisting the seller. Good luck and I hope you can get this resolved in your favor.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 08:59 PM   #4
Mnite_S63
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The buyer disputed with his credit card company and I was notified today.

Just wish credit card companies are smart enough to ask the question on why the buyer is disputing the transaction and saying her never received the product after 3 months.

I looked at his post history and this person seems to have gone on a buying spree on the forum around the same time frame. Seems like he is doing the same and hope no one else sold him something. If so they should check their PayPal now.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
Mnite_S63
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I shipped it via FedEx to the address on PayPal account.

Tracking says it was delivered on 4/4/18. PayPal is saying it's the buyers credit card company that is filing the complain and put a negative charge on my PayPal account now.

Hopefully they figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #6
omgboost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

The thing is, people can say you shipped them an empty box so tracking won't 100% cover you. Some people like to record themselves sealing the box in the post office and showing the address, tracking number and dropping it off the post office in a video for proof. Sad that we live in a world like this but that's one reason why I hate selling through PayPal.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 10:51 PM   #7
Dieselunlimited
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6M

Paypal went down hill after Elon musk sold them off to eBay, and then eBay split off aswell.

I had a similar situation happen when I sold a $1400 turbo to a guy in Canada. Paypal sided with me when I produced documents, he was determined to scam and went to the card company which once that happen it's very difficult to win.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 11:24 PM   #8
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboost View Post
The thing is, people can say you shipped them an empty box so tracking won't 100% cover you. Some people like to record themselves sealing the box in the post office and showing the address, tracking number and dropping it off the post office in a video for proof. Sad that we live in a world like this but that's one reason why I hate selling through PayPal.
Empty box? The shipping costs using any delivery company are based on the weight of the package and distance traveled, plus the paid receipt and shipping label reflect this. I don't understand your logic...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 01:53 AM   #9
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboost View Post
Empty box? The shipping costs using any delivery company are based on the weight of the package and distance traveled, plus the paid receipt and shipping label reflect this. I don't understand your logic...
Based on that, I was once sent a "Katrina motor" when I was supposed to receive a built one. Weight isn't hard to fake, they throw a brick or log in a box. In this case, they were RK intakes that don't really weigh much.

Anyway, OP, submit the person the internet fraud bureau of the FBI. If he did it to you, I'm positive others have had the same. They caught the guy that scammed me out of $3000, and he had done the same to other Subaru forum members back then. I still receive restitution checks from him that are automatically taken from his pay from time to time. https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Appreciate 2
Naz241627.50
      06-25-2018, 08:17 AM   #10
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
Anyway, OP, submit the person the internet fraud bureau of the FBI. If he did it to you, I'm positive others have had the same. They caught the guy that scammed me out of $3000, and he had done the same to other Subaru forum members back then. I still receive restitution checks from him that are automatically taken from his pay from time to time. https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
THIS
IS
AWESOME!
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 12:31 PM   #11
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmizr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
THIS
IS
AWESOME!
If you care to read about it... https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=978638
Appreciate 0