XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

03-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 640i GC

Garage List
FS Brand new 4 X5M/X6M Steering Wheels

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi all, I have 4 brand new X5M / X6M steering wheels. These are brand new, never installed and complete with the M trim cover, M style shift paddles and the nice tri-color M stitching.

2 of them are heated $650 each one

2 are non-heated $550 each one

Shipping within continental USA is included in the price. Will also ship internationally at buyers expense.

These are at hand and ready to ship. If you would like to do local pickup in South Florida, that is also possible and that will knock $30 off the price!

I just installed one of these on my '13 X5 and it feels and looks awesome, all functions work on my car (I have a Premium 35i) except for the paddles, which apparently need some extra work and coding, but I love it anyway!

PM or post here if any questions.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
roadkill12r
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i M Sport

I will take one non heated. Please send Payment info to ronaldraystreet@gmail.com

Thanks, Ron
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill12r View Post
I will take one non heated. Please send Payment info to ronaldraystreet@gmail.com

Thanks, Ron
Hi Ron,

Thanks to you. Email sent!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
destinz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i Msport, 350z

You have a PM!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinz
You have a PM!
PM replied! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
destinz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 50i Msport, 350z

Paypal on its way
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #7
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks Ron and Destinz, your wheels are on their way!

Two still available!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #8
rennis
Captain
Rep
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er View Post

Two still available!
How was the install process? Was swapping the airbag a PITA, or not so bad?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #9
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis View Post
How was the install process? Was swapping the airbag a PITA, or not so bad?
It's pretty easy. There are 2 small holes on the back of the steering wheel; you just need to put a screwdriver through the holes to push the clips that hold the airbag and it pops right out. then it's just disconnecting the plugs. After that you need to use a wrench to remove a single big hex screw in the center that holds the steering wheel to the steering column, then do the same steps in reverse to install the new wheel.

Now that I've done it a couple times, I'd say it takes no longer than 10 mins. If you're trying this, REMEMBER TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY FIRST!

I'm pretty sure I've seen a write up somewhere here, try the search or even Youtube
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #10
finnbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 & 2012 X5 xDrive 35d

Does these require a special "M" airbag and cover? If so, do you have a source for those?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbmw View Post
Does these require a special "M" airbag and cover? If so, do you have a source for those?
yes and no! There are only two types of airbags on the E70 X5: the one that comes on the standard (non-sport steering wheel) and the one that comes on the sports steering wheels

There is no special "M" airbag. The X5M Steering wheel uses the airbag comes with the different Sport Steering wheel models: Sport, M Sport, X5M, Performance wheel... probably I'm missing some

Here's a picture for better illustration:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #12
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Can I ask where these originated from?

Also, do you know if you replace a non-heated steering wheel with the heated version, are there are any specials steps required to get the heating feature working?
      03-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #13
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbm3 View Post

Also, do you know if you replace a non-heated steering wheel with the heated version, are there are any specials steps required to get the heating feature working?
If I remember correctly these are made in Hungary... I'm not sure, I can check tonight when I get back home; but they are Original BMW parts, not aftermarket.

I don't think the heating feature will work plug and play. There is a connector that comes from the steering column that plugs into the heater wiring in the steering wheel...I would think though that most likely this is something that can be retrofitted, but I couldn't say how complex that would be.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbm3

He may be asking whether or not these fell off the back of a truck or? Since you have an abundance of them...Not necessarily where they were made...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #15
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JX5M View Post
He may be asking wether or not these fell off the back of a truck or? Since you have an abundance of them...Not necessarily where they were made...
Oh ok so basically asking if I stole them... should have been more specific! no, I didn't steal them. Should we assume that the 4 vehicles I own fell off the back of a truck as well because I have an abundance of them and the several pairs of jeans in my closet?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #16
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er
Quote:
He may be asking whether or not these fell off the back of a truck or? Since you have an abundance of them...Not necessarily where they were made...
Oh ok so basically asking if I stole them... should have been more specific! no, I didn't steal them. Should we assume that the 4 vehicles I own fell off the back of a truck as well because I have an abundance of them and the several pairs of jeans in my closet?
Hey that's what I was thinking when I read the question that's all.... No need to get upset... Do you have any jeans for sale I am in the market for a new designer pair of denim.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #17
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
No one suggested any such thing, but it is fair to inquire. You can buy clothes at the store and cars at the dealer but possessing multiple new unused steering wheels and offering them for sale at a lower price than one can buy them anywhere else might make one wonder about the source. Based on a post I saw previously I think you intimated you have an overseas source/relative?

I just looked and you must have deleted the thread where you mentioned an overseas source, as I don't see it now.

Nope - here it is: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931302

I could use some jeans, too...

Last edited by upstate650; 03-12-2014 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #18
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateX5M View Post
No one suggested any such thing, but it is fair to inquire. You can buy clothes at the store and cars at the dealer but possessing multiple new unused steering wheels and offering them for sale at a lower price than one can buy them anywhere else might make one wonder about the source. Based on a post I saw previously I think you intimated you have an overseas source/relative?

I just looked and you must have deleted the thread where you mentioned an overseas source, as I don't see it now.

Nope - here it is: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931302

I could use some jeans, too...

hmmm, I'm not planning to make a big fuss about this, but this phrase "He may be asking wether or not these fell off the back of a truck or?" sounds pretty suggestive to me. You can also steal cars and jeans and whatever you come across, if you are a thief and you can also ask politely whatever you want to know and most likely will receive a polite answer.

So since now I understand you are interested on knowing how I got these wheels: yes, as I said in the referred post, I got them through a relative in Europe and anticipating your next question, here is the answer: No, he didn't steal them either.

Prices are always relative. I have had guys who think the prices are too high and offered $250 for the steering wheels.

Last edited by DR1er; 03-12-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #19
JVX6M
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

No further comment from the peanut gallery... Good luck with sale(s) OP
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #20
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey that's what I was thinking when I read the question that's all.... No need to get upset... Do you have any jeans for sale I am in the market for a new designer pair of denim.
Quote:
No further comment from the peanut gallery... Good luck with sale(s) OP
Everything cool. Thanks

Le me know size and color preferences, I'll see what I can do
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #21
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er View Post
Wow, touchy subject I guess.

I didn't mean to accuse you of anything, and was genuinely curious of how you came by them. Tischer's price is over $1200 for the non-heated version so if you have a legitimate source for OEM parts at a 50% discount, I think it's safe to say you have a real opportunity on your hands.

But of course, shipping from Europe can be slow...and in some parts I hear the trucks only come by once in awhile...so a reliable supply may be a concern.

GLWS
      03-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #22
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbm3 View Post
Wow, touchy subject I guess.

I didn't mean to accuse you of anything, and was genuinely curious of how you came by them. Tischer's price is over $1200 for the non-heated version so if you have a legitimate source for OEM parts at a 50% discount, I think it's safe to say you have a real opportunity on your hands.

But of course, shipping from Europe can be slow...and in some parts I hear the trucks only come by once in awhile...so a reliable supply may be a concern.

GLWS
It's OK, no hard feelings.

Yes it's a very good opportunity for me and also for all as I can offer very competitive pricing as you can see. Shipping is not an issue, but it's only steering wheels at this moment and shift paddles. BTW I just ordered a set of M6 paddles for my 640GC, they are supposed to be plug and play... I'll check how that works out and will create a new thread about it.

If anyone is interested in other steering wheels just let me know and I can check availability and quote them for you.

Now going back to topic: only 1 X5M wheel left!

Last edited by DR1er; 03-12-2014 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 0