XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
Fidiman
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d e82 M Sportpaket

Garage List
2010 120d E82  [10.00]
Questions about x5, steering wheel etc ...

Hi everybody !

My father would like to change his Mercedes ML320CDi for a X5. We have although tried the Porsche Cayenne Diesel, the BMW x5 40d, the x6 40d, the 30d and ... a Porsche Panamera 4S (<= lovely ).

My mother dislikes the rear of the x6 (but I think it makes the vehicule so particular, so strong and so sporty). I drove it and I wouldn't mind a second driving a SUV ! It was amazing.

But when I drove last week the x5 30d (I drove the 40d two or three months ago), I thought it would have a bit more power to be realy enjoyable (pay attention : it's a very good vehicule whiwh is very dynamic compared to the ML320CDI of my parents !).
My father was bored to drive it after the Panamera 4S !

So I have some questions about the x5 :

- Which of the 40d and the 35i would be the best (I tried the 35i motor in a 135i and was really fantastic) ? I think both will be chiptunned (the 35i have more potential with changing intercooler, exhaust line, catalyst, etc ...) the 35i is only 1 k€ more expensive than the 30d, but the consuption will be more important ... isn't it ?

- They have shiftpaddles on their ML but the x5 (excepted the x5M) doesn't have them. Would it be possible to change the steering wheel and to have them on it ? I saw yesterday that e90sim puts a 335d BMW Performance steering wheel on his E70 but the shiftpaddles aren't the same as which are on the x6 for exemple (what is the reference of his steering wheel, 'cause I can't find it on the BMW website).
Did he do it by himself ? Was it very hard to do it ? Are the connections simple to do ?
If I understood, all functions are not possible on it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sim View Post

- Which would be the best color combination for it ? It wil have a M Sport package.
I thought at black with shadow line, BMW Performance grill, black interior, black tinted windows and 333m style ; or yesterday evening whatching the forum I thought at spacegrau, BMW Performance grill, black interior, tinted windows, 333m style and if possible the front of the x6 BMW Performance.

Thank you for all your answers

Fidi'

PS : Extra photos

Appreciate 0