XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
sinsima
Rep
Drives: 2002 bmw x5is

New guy, many problems....

Greetings...a freind of mine took over a 2002 X5 4.6is with 92000 miles from her sister-in law who really didnt take care of it...(women...) So far suspension work has been done. I wasnt involved with this part of the repairs at the time. Yesterday i took the vehicle to work and it was over heating, 360bucks later coolant tank was leaking and a sensor or something was not plugged in. The vehicle needs belts, pulleys, tensioners, rollers,...who knows what else...

where do y'all buy parts? the stealorship wants more than an arm and a leg. what maintenance is due with its mileage?
thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsima View Post
Greetings...a freind of mine took over a 2002 X5 4.6is with 92000 miles from her sister-in law who really didnt take care of it...(women...) So far suspension work has been done. I wasnt involved with this part of the repairs at the time. Yesterday i took the vehicle to work and it was over heating, 360bucks later coolant tank was leaking and a sensor or something was not plugged in. The vehicle needs belts, pulleys, tensioners, rollers,...who knows what else...

where do y'all buy parts? the stealorship wants more than an arm and a leg. what maintenance is due with its mileage?
thanks in advance
Try someone like TMS or WorldPac.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Garage List
I usually just order my parts from www.pelicanparts.com It's reasonable that any brand car will need some tender loving care some point in it's life. Looks like this is your job now. Enjoy, and try to do everything on your own, that's half of the enjoyment in owning a great car/truck.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
sinsima
Rep
Drives: 2002 bmw x5is

much thanks guys. am looking fwd to TRYING to do the work myself. i work on most of my stuff but i have a feeing the X5 will be a different animal.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 35i / '13 S5

getbmwparts.com (Tischer) is good place to get parts too... Yes they are a dealership, but their prices are pretty hard to beat, even on OEM stuff...

Also check out realoem.com, very good database on BMW parts (they don't sell them, but you can find every part of the model your looking at for part numbers).

BMW X5 35i: Boopie Exhaust & Intercooler, K&N Drop in Filter, JB3 (3+ psi)
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0