XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-20-2019, 11:57 AM   #23
AnotherArchitect
Private
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: X5m E70|PP Performance Tune|DP

I had a problem with the leveling before, and as I recall it was the way the airbags are installed. Try removing them and reinstalling them but with the car slightly raised up. Turn the car on. Then set it on the ground. It worked when I did that... I hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #24
Misterman
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB607 View Post
Just spoke with him and he did not use ITSA; he tried using 'Snap on Zeus'. We did do the measurements with that computer and ttied to adjust, but to no avail. Its still sitting low af on the left and high on the right. Its been quite frustrating since all the research I did before leaned towards a straight forward and easy swap. Do you think I should try switching the sensors left to right and vice versa? I think someone else mentioned that idea in a previous post. At this point I wish I would have just gotten the 4 spring H7R kit to eliminate the self leveleing rear bags and just driven with the 'Self leveling malfunction' code.
At this point there is definitely no harm in swapping sensors. If you're lucky that's the problem, and the lean switches to the right. If nothing changes then you're back to focusing on calibration or computer.

I don't know how capable the Snap On unit is? Do you even hear it operating the pump when you enter your numbers? Or does it tell you it's within tolerance?

When I calibrated mine with ISTA, I had to do it 3 times before it got itself properly level. It would adjust a bit each time.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 02:10 PM   #25
MLB607
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 750li M-Sport

We will try the swap. Ya when he tried doing the calibration it did work at one point but then it threw the "control unit fault" code again and the left sagged. The Codes gone now and it says all systems are ok in the vehicle check.
2013 Black Sapphire 50i X5 M-Sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #26
MLB607
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 750li M-Sport

Nothing worked sooooo I got the H&R 1.2 spring kit and eliminated the rear air bags and voila! Works fine haha. I've had springs on all of my previous builds so I am more than happy with it this way and I don't have to worry about sny more issues with the self leveling stuff. 🙌🏼 thanks to everyone though for the posts and trying to help me out. Once I get the spacers on I'll start a post from how it was when I bought to go until now. Thanks again everyone; you're all the real mvp
2013 Black Sapphire 50i X5 M-Sport (sold)
Appreciate 0