XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
DKNJX5d
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d

Recall Notice (Idler pulley)

Got a letter in the snail mail stating that there is an issue with the idler pulley bolt coming loose or possibly snapping off. This is kind of scary due to the loss of power steering and alternator, especially if I am traveling far for Vacation, or something. Is there anything I can do Legally, this recall stuff is nonsense and especially since they don't have a resolution, i don't i think i can legally sell my vehicle with an outstanding warranty issue which i planned on doing next month. I just had the DEF Tank and nox sensors and EGR valve replaced at the dealer and heard a sound like the idler pulley was making a noise at idle when i first got my vehicle back but the service manager stated that this is what happens when cars sit for a day... He drove it with me in the vehicle and drove it hard and put a load on the vehicle buy pressing the brakes then the gas but no noise came back.
Any thoughts?

Best Regards!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 06:04 PM   #2
M5_1of400
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 / 2011 X5 35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKNJX5d View Post
Got a letter in the snail mail stating that there is an issue with the idler pulley bolt coming loose or possibly snapping off. This is kind of scary due to the loss of power steering and alternator, especially if I am traveling far for Vacation, or something. Is there anything I can do Legally, this recall stuff is nonsense and especially since they don't have a resolution, i don't i think i can legally sell my vehicle with an outstanding warranty issue which i planned on doing next month. I just had the DEF Tank and nox sensors and EGR valve replaced at the dealer and heard a sound like the idler pulley was making a noise at idle when i first got my vehicle back but the service manager stated that this is what happens when cars sit for a day... He drove it with me in the vehicle and drove it hard and put a load on the vehicle buy pressing the brakes then the gas but no noise came back.
Any thoughts?

Best Regards!
Sucks because the dealer won't replace the bolt unless it is loose or it snaps off.. mine snapped without warning, luckily I was near my house and I was able to drive home (not recommended if you are far away). You can ask the dealer to see if there is any service history showing that the bolt was replaced in the past.. mine was replaced at 45k and then at 125k so it lasted for 80k before it snapped again.
      07-27-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
cbakking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E70-X5M

Is this recall only for Diesel X5's? what's the recall#
I've just checked "BMW Recall Check" website and I don't have pulley recall.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #4
sunny_j
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

it's for the M57 engine only

Build Thread
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1529213
Appreciate 0