XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #23
chonko
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 50i/2008 X5 4.8i

Lovely car, I really do like the treatment given to it.
Enjoy the ride, and thanks for sharing your experience and pictures.

Last edited by chonko; 09-28-2009 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #24
Salco3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i & E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWSnow View Post
wooo can I give my car to them !!

Dinan will do this only on brand new cars that they don't have products for. Usually Steve will get a few different BMW models when they first come out but then if a customer gets a certain car that he has not done any products for then they will gladly take the vehicle in and do all the testing and development of the products on those cars for free, but you have to be prepared to be without your car for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #25
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chonko View Post
Lovely car, I really do like the treatment given to it.
Enjoy the ride, and thanks for sharing your exeprience and pictures.
+1

Thanks for taking the time to share pix...I don't know how you could stand to wait 8 mos though...
      09-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #26
foofitr
SoCal beach bum
United_States
Rep
Drives: DINAN X6 xDrive 50i

Yes it was a very long time to wait, especially considering I was initially quoted that it would be a 6 - 12 week process. After speaking to many of the Dinan engineers who were a part of this project, they are skeptical that they will be able to do any software work in subsequent BMW models. The computers are too intricate and integrated into toom many functions, causing it to be extremely difficult and time consuming to map out. It's too bad there is not a formal partnership between Dinan and BMW, becuase after doing very extensive research, no one comapres to the quality, attention to detail, and performance of a Dinan tuned BMW. I just got back from a fishing trip in the mountains, my first chance to really open it up after the Dinan upgrades, and not to overstate it, but what a difference. The acceleration going through corners and switchbacks in Sport mode (Both suspension Sport mode and transmission Sport mode) couldn't be more fun and exhilarating. The new brakes did take some time to get used to, I don't know if it's because I'm going faster, or if it's because they are new or what, but they didn't seem to brake as fast, more like a slow deacceleration. Anyway, thanks to all for the nice comments, and sorry for the crappy photos. They were a combo of camera phone pics and regualr digital cam stuff I took at Dinan and home. What can I say, I am more John Bonham than Ansel Adams.

Thanks Jason for explaining what I had already stated earlier, the Beyern wheels are only for my visits to snow or any other off road activities.
A quick note for anyone looking to go to the snow (Or soon to be living in it), you will want to switch out to winter snow tires, and most liklely wheels too. You will get the full use of the all the suspesnion options and benefits that you paid that high premium for, you will get better traction and footing on snow and ice, and you won't ruin your nice summer/spring rims and tires. The issue you will come accross with this model is that many rims out there won't fit due to the size of the brakes and the offest (I think that's what it's called). The Scorpion tires and Beyern wheels were one of the few that fit, didn't brake the pocket book, and looked decent. I think I paid $1,100 out the door for TPM, balancing, etc.
As for next upgrades, I am debating the black kidney grill that I saw posted on this site. If I go that route, I will black out everything else on the front end like lower grills and those silver plastic pieces around the fog lights. I am having custom seat covers made at Collin's upholstery in Downey. If anyone does anything that this vehicle was made for, how could you not protect your seats? Between snow, mud, rain, and all kinds of messy stuffI I get on weekends, they won't last another season if I don't handle it now. 2 covers for $200 and you customize everything including the fabric, style, look, and ease of removal.

Last edited by foofitr; 09-20-2009 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #27
EX6
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 5.0

Disappointed

Sorry man.....you have taken a perfectly engineered, amazing looking car as it comes direct from the factory, and turned it into a "pimp wagon". Don't like the black wheels at all.....but hey, I guess it's personal choice.

Hope you love driving it anyway. I have left mine absolutely stock standard, best looking SUV on the road today, at least in Australia anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 10:28 AM   #28
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

What I am truly disappointed in is the average person in this forum's reading comprehension. I mean its not like this thread is very long. But if everyone took the time to read the thread thoroughly, they would realize that the "ugly" black rims are his winter set up. They are on the car during the winter with snow tires in order to protect those stock rims you all love so much. You are not the first person to make that comment either..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #29
bushman
Rep
Drives: m3

great looking car!!! What color is it - jet black or black sapphire?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 02:08 AM   #30
foofitr
SoCal beach bum
United_States
Rep
Drives: DINAN X6 xDrive 50i

"Pimp wagon"? I haven't heard anyone call it that, but I do get a lot of honks and thumbs up on freeways. When the car is parked, almost without exception, people will walk up, take a closer peek, and tell me how awazing they think it looks. Which says a lot when you're living on the beach in the SoCal rat race where everyone drives a Mercedes or BMW. The real fun in watching their face as they hear the exhaust when I start it up! The Dinan difference is so amazing, I can't imagine having more fun behind the wheel! The only drawback is it gets so much attention, I hate parking it! I always get the guy who wants to park next to me, even though I try and park as far away from everyone else as possible.
As for the color, I think it's Black saphire. When the sun shines on it, it has a flaking of sparkles that truly is eye-catching.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #31
aznbenz07
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Evolution x gsr, 2007 328xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328 xi  [0.00]
2008 Mitsubishi  [0.00]
Looks beautiful man, the x6m is my next vehicle.
      09-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #32
X6 V8TT
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6 5.0

Nice looking ride! Love how everything turned out!
21" Double Spoke Wheels
Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #33
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
What I am truly disappointed in is the average person in this forum's reading comprehension. I mean its not like this thread is very long. But if everyone took the time to read the thread thoroughly, they would realize that the "ugly" black rims are his winter set up. They are on the car during the winter with snow tires in order to protect those stock rims you all love so much. You are not the first person to make that comment either..
There are two sets of black wheels in the photos. The ones pictured on the car look to be OEM wheels optioned in black paint. The bayern wheels are in pics off the car and are the ones for snow. I agree the black wheels "murdered out" is not my style either. But, then again I dont live on the West Coast where its all BLANG BLANG.

Sick whip though, cant wait to be able to own one.
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 04:57 AM   #34
minime388
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofitr View Post
The real fun in watching their face as they hear the exhaust when I start it up! The Dinan difference is so amazing, I can't imagine having more fun behind the wheel! The only drawback is it gets so much attention, I hate parking it! I always get the guy who wants to park next to me, even though I try and park as far away from everyone else as possible.
As for the color, I think it's Black saphire. When the sun shines on it, it has a flaking of sparkles that truly is eye-catching.
oh man,

is that exhaust available yet? how much?

i am killing myself waiting for the new exhaust, hard to make decision.
Appreciate 0