XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Paint sealant review

So I did a lot of reading on paint sealants and waxes. Usually I use liquid glass, which is a great product, but after reading other reviews I decided to try Wolfgang paint sealant 3.0. It goes on super easy and buffs of just as easy. It doesn't leave white film in the cracks or any residue either. It seems expensive $35-$40 a bottle and the bottle isn't very big. However a little bit of it goes a long way. They tell you that in the instructions, but as you get used to it you'll realize it will go a long way. I did my entire X5 as well as the wheels and only used about 1/8th of the bottle. They merchant says one application should last about 6 months. I also made sure to let it cure for 24hrs in my garage so that no moisture would come into contact with my car. The instructions state to not even let condensation form on your car by leaving it sit out overnight. Two months later the paint seriously beads up when water hits it. The brake dust easily comes off the wheels with the wand at a car wash as well as any dirt or road film that's on your car from driving in the rain. In the past 2 months I've only hand washed it once since we had 4 days of rain. Even still everything washed off with little effort including tar which is a constant problem where I live. I don't talk about car care products much since nothing really has impressed me as much as this stuff. Here's the link if you wanna give it a try:

http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/wg5500.html
      04-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast, very very fast...

That sounds like great stuff! My wife purchased me a years worth of unlimited washes at one of those touch less drive through places and I'm concerned that they will wash off any wax or sealant I put on my car. Anybody have any info on this?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
jddssc121
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79 View Post
That sounds like great stuff! My wife purchased me a years worth of unlimited washes at one of those touch less drive through places and I'm concerned that they will wash off any wax or sealant I put on my car. Anybody have any info on this?
Those touchless carwashes are baaaad. How do you think they get all the dirt off without touching the car -> HARSH HARSH chemicals.

Not only do they slow strip your wax, they put a nasty film of gunk on your windshield from their "wax" treatment
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
opfed
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Sealents are OK but I love Blitz Car Wax by One Grand - Carnauba Paste Wax. Easy on and off and leaves an unbelivable shine. Longest lasting wax I have ever used. +1 on the car washes. 1 pass and all your wax is gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
wsybert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Vert

Chemical guys jetseal 109. Fantastic stuff. I use P21S for a wax. Very easy on and off.
1999 528iT 5sp manual (new addition)
Appreciate 0