XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

07-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #485
DeeM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda View Post
I'm cool guys. Don't really understand the anger directed at me. I'm just another enthusiast that got screwed. Shit. The wife and I picked up her 340 and I was able to see my M4 and drive it outside the Welt but that's it. Talk about complete Bullshit. Life goes on. At least we were able to take the 340 on the Nurburgring yesterday. Better then nothing. Here are some pics to make everyone feel better. Even Trevor
Both cars look awesome! Thanks for sharing. Soon we will see everyone's cars safe at home.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #486
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deem3
Quote:
I'm cool guys. Don't really understand the anger directed at me. I'm just another enthusiast that got screwed. Shit. The wife and I picked up her 340 and I was able to see my M4 and drive it outside the Welt but that's it. Talk about complete Bullshit. Life goes on. At least we were able to take the 340 on the Nurburgring yesterday. Better then nothing. Here are some pics to make everyone feel better. Even Trevor
Both cars look awesome! Thanks for sharing. Soon we will see everyone's cars safe at home.
Thanks. I'm hoping its sooner rather then later
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #487
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

I am going to email BMW regarding a plethora of complaints that I have about current events. Who would you guys email? BMW NA? Which email address? I want to get to someone that might actually give a shit about our business or potential loss of it.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 11:59 AM   #488
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yoda
I am going to email BMW regarding a plethora of complaints that I have about current events. Who would you guys email? BMW NA? Which email address? I want to get to someone that might actually give a shit about our business or potential loss of it.
Good luck. Yesterday I asked them to agree to cover my payments until I took delivery and they requested it from the dealer -as if it's dealers fault.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #489
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubz View Post
Good luck. Yesterday I asked them to agree to cover my payments until I took delivery and they requested it from the dealer -as if it's dealers fault.

BS!

BMW should be covering payments. My dealer contacted BMWNA and thats what BMWNA offered me. No reason a dealership should eat the payments.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #490
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Quote:
I sent a message to customerrelations@bmwusa.com 24 hours ago. No response yet, but I imagine they're a little busy right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 12:26 PM   #491
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
Quote:

BS!

BMW should be covering payments. My dealer contacted BMWNA and thats what BMWNA offered me. No reason a dealership should eat the payments.
Yeah waiting on some more info to decide about throwing a fit or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #492
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Try this.
http://elliott.org/company-contacts/bmw/

Phone Contacts
Main: (201) 573-2100
Customer Service: (800) 831-1117
customerrelations@bmwusa.com

BMW Genius Hotline:
Our dedicated team to help answer all of your product related questions.
1-844-4GENIUS (443-6487)
bmwgenius@bmwusa.com

Additional Phone numbers:

(201) 307-4000
(800) 831-1117
(888) 311-4269
(201) 307-9286 (fax)

Executive Contacts
If you contact the company by email, you should receive a substantive reply within one week. If you don't, it's safe to assume you're being ignored. Before you reach out to one of these managers, please review these FAQs, which will increase the odds of a successful appeal. Remember to start with the primary contact and work your way up the hierarchy. Don't just start with the CEO.

Primary Contact
Jess Cusumano
Customer Relations and Services Operations Manager
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731
jess.cusumano@bmwna.com

Can also try: Craig Westbrook, Vice President, Aftersales, craig.westbrook@bmwna.com

Secondary Contact
Peter Miles
VP Sales Channel Development & Customer Relations
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Peter.Miles@bmwna.com

Chris Koenders
Executive Vice President, Operations
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Jan-Christiaan.Koenders@bmwna.com

Chief Executive
Ludwig Willisch
CEO of BMW North America
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Ludwig.Willisch@bmwna.com

Last edited by Skubalon; 07-28-2016 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #493
maldoror
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3 ZCP, '16 F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon View Post
Try this.

Phone Contacts

BMW Genius Hotline:
1-844-4GENIUS (443-6487)
bmwgenius@bmwusa.com

(201) 307-4000
(800) 831-1117
(888) 311-4269
(201) 307-9286 (fax)

Executive Contacts
If you contact the company by email, you should receive a substantive reply within one week. If you don't, it's safe to assume you're being ignored. Before you reach out to one of these managers, please review these FAQs, which will increase the odds of a successful appeal. Remember to start with the primary contact and work your way up the hierarchy. Don't just start with the CEO.

Primary Contact
Jess Cusumano
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
jess.cusumano@bmwna.com

Can also try: Craig Westbrook, Vice President, Aftersales, craig.westbrook@bmwna.com

Secondary Contact
Peter Miles
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Peter.Miles@bmwna.com

Chris Koenders
300 Chestnut Ridge Road

Chief Executive
Ludwig Willisch
CEO of BMW North America
300 Chestnut Ridge Road

I just sent off an email to Jess Cusumano asking for an update. I hope others do as well!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #494
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon
Quote:
Try this.

Phone Contacts

BMW Genius Hotline:
1-844-4GENIUS (443-6487)
bmwgenius@bmwusa.com

(201) 307-4000
(800) 831-1117
(888) 311-4269
(201) 307-9286 (fax)

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Jess Cusumano
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
jess.cusumano@bmwna.com

Secondary Contact
Peter Miles
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Peter.Miles@bmwna.com

Chris Koenders
300 Chestnut Ridge Road

Chief Executive
Ludwig Willisch
CEO of BMW North America
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I'll start at the bottom and work my way as needed. I have a SLEW of issues and not just with this Differential debacle.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #495
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I'll start at the bottom and work my way as needed. I have a SLEW of issues and not just with this Differential debacle.
I don't know what your issues were exactly, but if I can offer a bit of advice I would suggest you to think about two things. What issues are you really concerned about, and what is your ideal outcome?

It's a common misconception, but if you want any kind of meaningful resolution it's best to pick one or two big ticket items and fight for those, as opposed to listing every single minor issue and annoyance you may have had along the way. If you wouldn't bring attention to an issue on its own, it's a good sign that it probably doesn't matter. Firing off a long list of complaints will just make you appear disgruntled and unappeasable.

Imagine you were in a position to assist someone and you received the following two emails.

Email one...shortened for the sake of readability.
We arrived at the Welt, and even though we were on time the delivery process was delayed by 20min. Not a big deal, as my wife and I didn't have time to have our morning coffee yet so we decided to relax in the lounge for a bit. Unfortunately for us the coffee in the lounge was cold, and the attendant didn't have any idea on when more might be available...<snip>...even after all this, it was even more of a disappointment to learn that I would not be able to drive my new M4 away due to a differential issue, which disrupted many of the plans I had for our trip.
Email two...
We arrived on the Welt, and it was a great disappointment to learn that I would not be able to drive my new M4 away due to a differential issue, which disrupted many of the plans I had for our trip.
Comparing the two. Was the delay annoying? Would you have liked to enjoy a hot cup of coffee, sure. But what you really care about is the fact the car wasn't available, but instead of just saying that you've asked the recipient to expend a fair amount of energy listening and responding to things that don't really matter.

Just my .02.
David701567.00
      07-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #496
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

You guys can write nicest/angriest emails in the world and voice your disappointment until both you and receiver are blue in the face. Again I think you have every right to be upset, but it simply doesn't matter at this point.

They know they messed up, they are working hard to fix it and yes, they will apologize and hopefully help you guys out and try to make the best out of the situation. What more can they possibly do other than "their best" to fix the issue ? They are already hurting financially over this and their reputation just took another hit. The only way to punish them further is to cancel existing orders which, my guess, few are actually prepared to do.

It sucks, but honestly, my advice, for what it's worth, save yourself further annoyance and just try to be patient. I'm sure they already know you guys aren't happy with the situation.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #497
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34
You guys can write nicest/angriest emails in the world and voice your disappointment until both you and receiver are blue in the face. Again I think you have every right to be upset, but it simply doesn't matter at this point.

They know they messed up, they are working hard to fix it and yes, they will apologize and hopefully help you guys out and try to make the best out of the situation. What more can they possibly do other than "their best" to fix the issue ? They are already hurting financially over this and their reputation just took another hit. The only way to punish them further is to cancel existing orders which, my guess, few are actually prepared to do.

It sucks, but honestly, my advice, for what it's worth, save yourself further annoyance and just try to be patient. I'm sure they already know you guys aren't happy with the situation.
Don't disagree with your overall point, but I think most here are frustrated by the lack of transparency (finding out your car is delayed indefinitely - on a forum - isn't good).

In line with that, my ask would be for the following:
1) a rough timeline for when this will be sorted, and commitments to future updates
2)assurances that Ill be reimbursed for money lost due to travel and payments until my car is delivered
3) that BMW reaches out as soon as possible to reschedule my pcd date - at this point I feel like it will be left up to me to magically find out when my car is fixed (like I had to find out it was delayed on my own)
Appreciate 1
Bbb34730.50
      07-28-2016, 03:59 PM   #498
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
In line with that, my ask would be for the following: ......
For sure all of these would be valid demands from any of the unfortunate owners, and based on what I read so far, seems that most of these will be addressed by BMW.

But think about how these things work.
Say there's a big defect (pretty much any industry out there) and it's made it's way to the consumers. Company's aware of it, they already know they messed up big time, they should've caught it earlier, but they just did not. Now, they are admitting the issue and are working really hard to determine the cause and the fix. Also, I'm sure they would like to get all of this done in a day and be over with it, but need to be sure they don't mess up again. It'll cost them a lot, in parts, overtime labor, compensation, but they want to make sure they don't rush it and get it absolutely right.

Again from what I'm reading here, they are doing their best to make sure that customers are safe, laws are obeyed and consumers are compensated for their inconvenience, plus (hopefully) little extra something as a sign of "we're truly sorry".

What I'm trying to say is that no amount of screaming at the phone reps, being unhappy in forums or e-mails sent to the top of management chain will get this resolved any faster.
As for lack of communication and exact dates, I think that's because they simply don't know yet.
Appreciate 1
omasou2088.00
      07-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #499
platinum903
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, G05 X5

Quote:
Don't disagree with your overall point, but I think most here are frustrated by the lack of transparency (finding out your car is delayed indefinitely - on a forum - isn't good).

1) a rough timeline for when this will be sorted, and commitments to future updates
2)assurances that Ill be reimbursed for money lost due to travel and payments until my car is delivered
3) that BMW reaches out as soon as possible to reschedule my pcd date - at this point I feel like it will be left up to me to magically find out when my car is fixed (like I had to find out it was delayed on my own)
Here's the reality: Big companies/corporations are very bureaucratic and information is only shared on a "need to know" basis, especially when the scope and implementation of a workable solution hasn't yet been fully vetted. All they can tell you is they are working on a solution.

The Genius reps are at the bottom of the totem pole (as are CAs except for maybe David who has a little more clout given the volume of M vehicles he sells). Talking to them is the equivalent to having an outage with AT&T and calling up and trying to reliable information out of one of their Customer Service Reps. If you call 10 times, you are going to get 10 different answers because nobody knows what the hell is going on at that level. With that in mind, it's completely understandable that you might get better information from somebody on an internet forum that is plugged in to a top level executive at BMW than you would from an actual low level BMW employee.

The situation sucks, but your best course of action is to either cancel your order or accept that there are no definite answers right now and nobody knows for sure how long the wait is going to be.

Last edited by platinum903; 07-28-2016 at 04:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
Bbb34730.50
      07-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #500
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum903
Quote:

Here's the reality: Big companies/corporations are very bureaucratic and information is only shared on a "need to know" basis, especially when the scope and implementation of a workable solution hasn't yet been fully vetted. All they can tell you is they are working on a solution.

The Genius reps are at the bottom of the totem pole (as are CAs except for maybe David who has a little more clout given the volume of M vehicles he sells). Talking to them is the equivalent to having an outage with AT&T and calling up and trying to reliable information out of one of their Customer Service Reps. If you call 10 times, you are going to get 10 different answers because nobody knows what the hell is going on at that level. With that in mind, it's completely understandable that you might get better information from somebody on an internet forum that is plugged in to a top level executive at BMW than you would from an actual low level BMW employee.

The situation sucks, but your best course of action is to either cancel your order or accept that there are no definite answers right now and you nobody knows for sure how long the wait is going to be.
Meh - maybe.

Not really in the mood to make excuses for bmw at this point.... Running down logistics (about to ask for my third lease extension, had my pcd cancelled with no promise of compensation for missed travel, no idea when I can reschedule, no idea if I'll get compensation for the lost time without a car, pleading for any amount of information over the phone) on this deal has made it less than fun - and at this point making me feel like a bit of a sucker.

The only sort of thing I've been offered so far has been to cancel my deal from March. So - I'm not willing to write it off as bureaucracy. Really hope that they get enough complaints on this to do something for folks.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 05:28 PM   #501
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not really in the mood to make excuses for bmw at this point....
Understandable, I'm as far as one can be from being a BMW fanboy, they deserve criticism and financial penalty for this.

Quote:
....at this point making me feel like a bit of a sucker. The only sort of thing I've been offered so far has been to cancel my deal from March. So - I'm not willing to write it off as bureaucracy. Really hope that they get enough complaints on this to do something for folks.
I certainly hope that they will somehow make it up to all of you, it would be right thing to do.
But no amount of complaining will speed things up, whether we're talking about addressing the issue or decision making on how to "properly" compensate their unhappy customers.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 05:29 PM   #502
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34
Quote:
Not really in the mood to make excuses for bmw at this point....
Understandable, I'm as far as one can be from being a BMW fanboy, they deserve criticism and financial penalty for this.

Quote:
....at this point making me feel like a bit of a sucker. The only sort of thing I've been offered so far has been to cancel my deal from March. So - I'm not willing to write it off as bureaucracy. Really hope that they get enough complaints on this to do something for folks.
I certainly hope that they will somehow make it up to all of you, it would be right thing to do.
But no amount of complaining will speed things up, whether we're talking about addressing the issue or decision making on how to "properly" compensate their unhappy customers.
Agree. Mope mope mope
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 06:43 PM   #503
winterrogue_F87
Queen of Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2016 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2015 BMW 228xi  [0.00]
If you call BMW genius they are staying to update delivery to dealer with the date. No update on the bulletin tho. My date is 8/22.
      07-28-2016, 06:57 PM   #504
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

The affected customers are entitled to be frustrated. BMW is (I believe) doing its best to address the issue. This forum serves as both an information sharing and an outlet of frustration. Misery loves company, doesn't it? Even though the phone calls to CA or Genius may not lead to immediate resolution, it still allows people to channel the negative energy somewhere. That is how I deal with the situation and how I react to some of the heated comments.

In my case, I became less anxious after learning my ED car was loaded onto a ship two days ago, even though my CA said the replacement at VPC or the dealership may cause additional delay to the redelivery. Hope everyone can find peace and make the best out of a bad situation.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #505
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87queen
If you call BMW genius they are staying to update delivery to dealer with the date. No update on the bulletin tho. My date is 8/22.
Dealer give you that or genius? Is that your final delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 07:17 PM   #506
alex310
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubz
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87queen
Dealer give you that or genius? Is that your final delivery date?
I think he is stating that genius is staying with his original delivery date as of now. Not that 8/22 is his updated delivery date with fix.

On a side note genius said there is 1200 cars effected state side (US.) Hopefully most of those are dealer stock. With the previous information listed at 90units a week (hopefully shipped by air) I am guessing 6-12 weeks
Appreciate 0