XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
New X5 35D ordered for PCD

Hey all,

First off, thanks to everyone for sharing all of their stories on here. It's really helped to solidify our decision making process. That said...let's get to the good stuff!

So, 2011 build most likely. Ordered yesterday and dealer already has allocation in place so mid March build? Color is sparkling bronze, oyster interior with bamboo. Specs:

Premium
Sports
Technology
Cold Weather
Premium Sound
20" wheels
Comfort Access
Running boards

Hoping to pickup late March. Very excited for the PCD. Sounds like a great time!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by riguy View Post
Hey all,

First off, thanks to everyone for sharing all of their stories on here. It's really helped to solidify our decision making process. That said...let's get to the good stuff!

So, 2011 build most likely. Ordered yesterday and dealer already has allocation in place so mid March build? Color is sparkling bronze, oyster interior with bamboo. Specs:

Premium
Sports
Technology
Cold Weather
Premium Sound
20" wheels
Comfort Access
Running boards

Hoping to pickup late March. Very excited for the PCD. Sounds like a great time!
Congrats!! I've had an X6 35i, X6 50i and now X5 35d - and the Diesel is my favorite of all of em..

Awesome color combo btw - be sure and post pix...You got the multi-contour seats too, right?? It might be standard with Premium but double-check...With a vehicle like you just ordered, it would be a SHAME not to have the 20 way multi-contour seats.

I've never done PCD - on my bucket list

ps - Also check-out Xoutpost and Bimmerfest has a Diesel and X forum too...Both good spots for talking X5..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
JoeClothing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

PLEASE add Comfort Seats! Also, you may consider the roof rack and spare tire. Two must haves IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
smallseafishie
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
+1 on comfort seats!!!

Spare Tires and roof racks were a no brainer for given the prices for these options.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
j330xi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp

The headsUP display is a MUST in my book, and are the comfort seats.. If your Budget allows.. get them..

MY 2010 X5 35d

Sport Act Pack ( NO active ride)
Premium Pack
Cold
Rear Climiate
Ipod/smart phone
Napa Dash
Head UP display
Tech Pack
Hitch
Dual Monitor DVD
Comfort seats
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
smallseafishie
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I'd give up on Comfort Access for Comfort Seats...

No wait, I did do that...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
OK....so what I'm hearing is...comfort seats are uncomfortable bricks and completely overpriced.

Actually, as I'm sure you all went through, these options were all thoroughly discussed and debated. Here's the rationale.

No comfort seats. I have a 135i now and the seats are awesome. The 06 530i being traded in has the comfort seats and we've found the seats have kind of...deflated, I guess is the best word, over time. We both found the sport seats from the sport package to be just right.

Including comfort access. We both have BMW's so now it'll be easier to start up the X5...lol, I know....lame. OK, The real reason is my parents have a Camry hybrid which they love so much I think they might want to be buried in it. Of course, that has keyless entry and my parents enjoy busting my chops that "that fancy BMW" doesn't even come with that! Needless to say that was the first option on the list, .

Roof rack. Well....I wanted this and I lost. Oh well!

Last option was the premium sound. I'd given up on this one but the Gods smiled down on me on order day! Hence my reason for giving in on the roof rails. Good trade, huh?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by riguy View Post
OK....so what I'm hearing is...comfort seats are uncomfortable bricks and completely overpriced.

Actually, as I'm sure you all went through, these options were all thoroughly discussed and debated. Here's the rationale.

No comfort seats. I have a 135i now and the seats are awesome. The 06 530i being traded in has the comfort seats and we've found the seats have kind of...deflated, I guess is the best word, over time. We both found the sport seats from the sport package to be just right.

Including comfort access. We both have BMW's so now it'll be easier to start up the X5...lol, I know....lame. OK, The real reason is my parents have a Camry hybrid which they love so much I think they might want to be buried in it. Of course, that has keyless entry and my parents enjoy busting my chops that "that fancy BMW" doesn't even come with that! Needless to say that was the first option on the list, .

Roof rack. Well....I wanted this and I lost. Oh well!

Last option was the premium sound. I'd given up on this one but the Gods smiled down on me on order day! Hence my reason for giving in on the roof rails. Good trade, huh?

Hey, whatever works for your asz is what matters!! Just wanted to make sure that comfort seats didn't slip under the consideration radar

Going to be a sweet, sweet ride...G/L with the wait
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
Lt. General
Rep
Drives: X5 5.0, 540i, 1965 C2

May want to rethink the roof rails. Aside from a styling issue, check this out...You've got your bucket of soap and your ready to wash-her-up, so you start with the top...but how do you get up there..."don't say a step ladder cause that's just gay"... soooo two feet on the running board and one hand on the roof rail for the front half. Then for the back half, two feet on the rear tire and one hand on the roof rail which you still failed to order.

Roof rails...$100. Backing over the step ladder because I forgot to move it after i was done washing the truck $????.00

Just bustin your balls...
Appreciate 0