XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
swamyg1
Rep
Drives: 2011 x50i

Bluetooth Audio Disconnects with iPhone ALL THE TIME... Frustrating!

It seems my iPhone randomly disconnects the pairing for audio only, and then I have to go into iDrive and add the configuration for audio to work again. My phone pairing remains intact, it's just the audio.

It's such a pain because when I get ready to listen to audio on my iPhone it doesn't work half the time! I have to mess around in the settings to get it to work.

Does anyone have this problem? How to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
JoinTheRace
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d F31 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyg1 View Post
It seems my iPhone randomly disconnects the pairing for audio only, and then I have to go into iDrive and add the configuration for audio to work again. My phone pairing remains intact, it's just the audio.

It's such a pain because when I get ready to listen to audio on my iPhone it doesn't work half the time! I have to mess around in the settings to get it to work.

Does anyone have this problem? How to fix it?

Are you pluging the iphone into the USB/Iphone white cable from the armrest? If you do this it will disconnect the bluetooth connection. Try using the USB port in the glove box as this will allow you to charge the iphone and use bluetooth audio without the system disconnecting the bluetooth connection.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
NoLemon
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Question

I am a new owner as well... are you saying that you can't use the hands-free iphone if it is connected with the y-cable? Should I just connect a spare ipod for music if I want to use the blue tooth phone without resetting everything?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
swamyg1
Rep
Drives: 2011 x50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5dforme View Post
Are you pluging the iphone into the USB/Iphone white cable from the armrest? If you do this it will disconnect the bluetooth connection. Try using the USB port in the glove box as this will allow you to charge the iphone and use bluetooth audio without the system disconnecting the bluetooth connection.
Actually I'm not talking about plugging it in... I'm talking about wireless bluetooth audio... A2DP or whatever. I didn't know plugging into the armrest would disconnect bluetooth, I do use the port in the armrest to charge my phone often. Will have to try your suggestion in the glovebox a little bit!

BTW, seems like a pain to not be able to charge my phone in the armrest... sounds ass backwards don't ya think?!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
Clarenced
Rep
Drives: X5

I guess the idea is if it's plugged in you use the audio from USB (and not bluetooth, since it's far better that way anyway).

That being said, it should default to bluetooth audio being on unless it's plugged into USB. Not sure if this is an option somewhere already, but it would be easy enough to fix as a software upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F34 M Sport

OP: what is your current firmware? before im on 4.1 and now 4.2.1 latest and no disconnecting here. try restarting your iphone.

by the way, my daughters ipad is just amazing more now on the new interface. the sound is amazing! watching movies sound transfer via BT

Last edited by ad78; 02-12-2011 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0