XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #45
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
Who the fuck off roads their Porsche, RR, MB, BMW anyway???

many people take their range rovers off road, the car was pretty much built to be able to tackle anything you throw at it. im guessing a good amount of people take their cayennes offroad to, considering they built the transsiberia (or w.e its called) specifically for that.

that being said none of these performance SUVs (x5/6 M, Cayenne Turbo or turbo s, SRT8, ML63, and supercharged range rovers) were meant to be taken offroad, so they all are "glorified cars" as blue2fire likes to put it
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #46
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
Not an SUV, a Sports Activity Coupé. The point of an SUV is to climb mountains and ford streams, the Cayenne does it and the X5/6 does not, making it a glorified car.

Please don't call stuff whatever you think of without basing your assumptions on their capabilities.
I'm sorry I guess i missed the memo where god died and you were appointed the guardian on what every car/suv/truck on the planet is designed and to be used for. just adding you to my ignore list as you're not contributing anything useful or that I'm interested in.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #47
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
many people take their range rovers off road, the car was pretty much built to be able to tackle anything you throw at it. im guessing a good amount of people take their cayennes offroad to, considering they built the transsiberia (or w.e its called) specifically for that.

that being said none of these performance SUVs (x5/6 M, Cayenne Turbo or turbo s, SRT8, ML63, and supercharged range rovers) were meant to be taken offroad, so they all are "glorified cars" as blue2fire likes to put it
I know someone that drives a dodge powerwagon that thinks cayenne,grand cherokees, range rovers and many others are "glorified cars" , so I think it depends on your perspective.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #48
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E394KEN View Post
I offroad my Jeep JK Wrangler. Ill kill any X6 that BMW has to offer on a trail. Hehehehe. Its fast, but really I dont get it, other than the engineering exercise itself. I looked at one, non M that is, as a possible upgrade to my DD Jeep, but found it just not that practical.
if you're driving a jeep offroad that you should not buy any BMW, they're designed for a different marketplace and economic demographic.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #49
kahunacanuck
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35ix / 2013 335ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
I know someone that drives a dodge powerwagon that thinks cayenne,grand cherokees, range rovers and many others are "glorified cars" , so I think it depends on your perspective.
I agree.

I find it funny people hate the X6 because it isn't "practical" enough, based on that we should all drive Ford Expeditions because it can haul a lot of shit? Also on that premise you would say a 911 or an M6 is stupid too.

I like the X6M because it has room for 2 on a trip (which is what matters to me, I don't have 4 kids) with golf clubs and anything else you want, sits higher in traffic, hauls ass, drives like a car despite it's heft and height, and is different than the mini vans and other stuff on the road. that is my perspective, if it isn't everyone elses, good!

Sold 2011.5 M3 E92 Mineral White/Rust Brown
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #50
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahunacanuck View Post
I agree.

I find it funny people hate the X6 because it isn't "practical" enough, based on that we should all drive Ford Expeditions because it can haul a lot of shit? Also on that premise you would say a 911 or an M6 is stupid too.

I like the X6M because it has room for 2 on a trip (which is what matters to me, I don't have 4 kids) with golf clubs and anything else you want, sits higher in traffic, hauls ass, drives like a car despite it's heft and height, and is different than the mini vans and other stuff on the road. that is my perspective, if it isn't everyone elses, good!

Yes I like having something that is different and there not 8 of at every restaurant,etc that you go to. The fact that what I drive seems to urk the Borg makes me smile.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #51
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Agree with most of your comments, just that the Cayenne Turbo goes off road and is very good at it.

Wading depth 19.7 in. (500 mm) on steel suspension

Ground clearance 8.45 in. (218 mm) on steel suspension

Ground clearance (min) 8.5 in. (218 mm) with air suspension, normal level

Ground clearance (max) 10.7 in. (271 mm) with air suspension, off-road ride height

Quote:
I'm sorry I guess i missed the memo where god died and you were appointed the guardian on what every car/suv/truck on the planet is designed and to be used for. just adding you to my ignore list as you're not contributing anything useful or that I'm interested in.
Why did he bother responding to my comment if he wasn't interested in what i had to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
Who the fuck off roads their Porsche, RR, MB, BMW anyway???

Many.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #52
SandmanTR
Bleeds Black and Gold
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 (Oct 6 ED) & '14 M6 GC

Garage List
2010 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes I like having something that is different and there not 8 of at every restaurant,etc that you go to. The fact that what I drive seems to urk the Borg makes me smile.
+1

LOL. Borg.

Current Ride: 2015 Slate Grey Jaguar F-Type R Coupé
Current Ride: 2014 Ruby Black ///M6 Gran Coupé
Current Ride: 2010 Alpine White X6 ///M
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #53
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I had an X5 M come up behind me the other day, he took off before me and i took off behind him. I couldnt get any closer to him, he had a car length on the me whole time... lol damn those SAV's are fast. On an off ramp he was right behind me too, i think my tires suck though, they were braking loose and i was pushing it to the limit and he was still right behind me. My 135 is lowered and on wider tires.... He gave me a thumbs up and took off...WOW!
      10-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #54
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artz 330 View Post
I had an X5 M come up behind me the other day, he took off before me and i took off behind him. I couldnt get any closer to him, he had a car length on the me whole time... lol damn those SAV's are fast. On an off ramp he was right behind me too, i think my tires suck though, they were braking loose and i was pushing it to the limit and he was still right behind me. My 135 is lowered and on wider tires.... He gave me a thumbs up and took off...WOW!

If you check out some of the reviews on the X6 M you will find it took 90 degree turns at 135 mph. Not bad for a 5200 pound SAV/SUV/4x4thingy.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #55
671rover
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '94 D90, '95 D90 SW, '11 VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by E394KEN View Post
I offroad my Jeep JK Wrangler. Ill kill any X6 that BMW has to offer on a trail. Hehehehe. Its fast, but really I dont get it, other than the engineering exercise itself. I looked at one, non M that is, as a possible upgrade to my DD Jeep, but found it just not that practical.
I offroad my 2 rover defender 90's and it'll kill any X6, Porsche, MB SUV's on the trail. But that's because it's built with offroad in mind, whereas the X6M is built with a far different purpose.

X6M is amazing for a SUV/SAV vehicle weighing over 5000lbs!

Last edited by 671rover; 10-10-2009 at 10:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #56
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 671rover View Post
I offroad my 2 rover defender 90's and it'll kill any X6, Porsche, MB SUV's on the trail. But that's because it's built with offroad in mind, whereas the X6M is built with a far different purpose.

X6M is amazing for a SUV/SAV vehicle weighing over 5000lbs!
+1 i dont get why its so difficult for people to understand this

i also dont get why people have to cry about it having an mbadge "oh it doesn't represent what ///Ms stand for "

give me a break.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #57
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
+1 i dont get why its so difficult for people to understand this

i also dont get why people have to cry about it having an mbadge "oh it doesn't represent what ///Ms stand for "

give me a break.
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 02:29 AM   #58
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
Remind me never to try and overtake one of those.
With an A/T you may come close, but your car is sick regardless...

Nicely Done!
Appreciate 0