XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
verdugo135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 Sunset

X5 feeling sluggish!!

Lately the truck in Drive has been feeling extremely sluggish and unresponsive to gas pedal. I mean it eventually gets going when I apply the gas pedal alittle harder. Is this common or is there an issue? Also the idle seems to be jumpy while driving as if it doesn't know what gear its in like its confused, when comin to a red light it'll just jump down to 500 than shoot back up to 1000 for no apparent reason. I recently did a strait pipe exhaust which had no problems but yesterday I removed the resonators/mufflers (ones in the middle) swapped them out for cherry bombs don't know if that's my problem but I doubt it is. I'm in the process of doing a full tune up already have all the parts
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
pcguru19
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugo135 View Post
Lately the truck in Drive has been feeling extremely sluggish and unresponsive to gas pedal. I mean it eventually gets going when I apply the gas pedal alittle harder. Is this common or is there an issue? Also the idle seems to be jumpy while driving as if it doesn't know what gear its in like its confused, when comin to a red light it'll just jump down to 500 than shoot back up to 1000 for no apparent reason. I recently did a strait pipe exhaust which had no problems but yesterday I removed the resonators/mufflers (ones in the middle) swapped them out for cherry bombs don't know if that's my problem but I doubt it is. I'm in the process of doing a full tune up already have all the parts
I haven't tried this on my X5, but I think the tranny reset would be the same as a 5-series. Put the key fob in, don't push the brake and push the power switch so the systems come on, but not the motor. Hold the gas pedal down for 30 seconds.

If this works, it will reset the transmission to "learning mode". It should make shifting a little more responsive.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
verdugo135
Banned
Rep

Yea. Ill try that. I'm currently having a problem with the smoky exhaust on occasion my buddy told me its most likely valve seals. I went with heavier oil weight due to higher mileage. But it seems to be running alittle rough in my opinion. The gas pedal issue is like when I'm driving if I floor the gas pedal truck will respond like 3 seconds after but the rpm will sky rocket without the truck actually gettin any traction to the wheels
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Garage List
No, you have the infamous injector problem. Many X5 have this problem, car will feel sluggish, evidence is the black area around the exhaust tip.

Do a search for faulty injectors you will find a lot of discussion on this issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Also there's a new software update that changes some of the DME settings. I had the delayed throttle response and the update fixed it.
      09-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
verdugo135
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Also there's a new software update that changes some of the DME settings. I had the delayed throttle response and the update fixed it.
how do i get this update?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
verdugo135
Banned
Rep

cant find anything on that injector issue..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
mrpcar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
cant find anything on that injector issue..
Here it was only several posts down from yours. http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722935
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
how do i get this update?

Just go into the dealership and they'll scan your key to see which version you currently have and if there's an update