XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

05-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
camrewop
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 & 2011 BMW Z4 35i

Dyno Numbers

Hey everyone,

I took my 2009 X6 50i in for 3 pulls on a Dyno. The numbers break down as follows:

1. Peak WHP 385.3 @ 5400RPM and Peak Torque 421.2ft-lb
2. Peak WHP 387.1 @ 5550RPM and Peak Torque 426.3ft-lb
3. Peak WHP 394.8 @ 5200RPM and Peak Torque 433.2ft-lb

All the runs were done around 5200' feet above sea level (Denver). I was surprised to see these numbers put down, and would love to hear from anyone that has any comparison pulls.

FWIW, I had my dealer attempt to install the Dinan Stage 1 software upgrade, but they reported to me that it didn't finish (another post). So these numbers should be stock (although they seem really high to me).

Anyone else have any Dyno numbers for stock or with any software upgrades that they'd care to share?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Kanuc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M Melbourne Red

Steve Dinan says...

Last weekend, Steve Dinan was in Calgary and gave a series of talks and Q&A. Had no idea but my dealer here is the biggest installer of Dinan anywhere, apparently - go figure.

Anyway, someone asked him about dyno'ing. To roughly paraphrase, Steve said that any dyno not at the engine was pretty much worthless in terms of comparison. There are simply too many variables at each machine, between machines, and even between vehicles, for it to be anything other than interesting trivia.

He also talked a lot about mods, the pro's and cons of each. A very cool discussion. You get the sense that Dinan are after doing a real, fulsome upgrade/mod, not just slapping on parts for gonzo effect.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
metalmann
Rep
Drives: X5M

What kind of dyno?

Mustang?

Dynojet?

Other?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
Glina
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmann View Post
Mustang?

Dynojet?

Other?
By the numbers you can tell that it was either dynojet or dynopack.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #5
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuc View Post
Last weekend, Steve Dinan was in Calgary and gave a series of talks and Q&A. Had no idea but my dealer here is the biggest installer of Dinan anywhere, apparently - go figure.

Anyway, someone asked him about dyno'ing. To roughly paraphrase, Steve said that any dyno not at the engine was pretty much worthless in terms of comparison. There are simply too many variables at each machine, between machines, and even between vehicles, for it to be anything other than interesting trivia.

He also talked a lot about mods, the pro's and cons of each. A very cool discussion. You get the sense that Dinan are after doing a real, fulsome upgrade/mod, not just slapping on parts for gonzo effect.
Steve Dinan is a tool.... imho. If I had the will to search for them, I would post up some of his letters/statements that have been made over the last 4 years concerning the N54 engine. He is a salesman. He sells a product for 5 times what it's worth. His reasoning being this guise of long periods of R&D and this joke of a warranty. There is a reason BMW has made it a point to cut ties with them.