XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

12-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #23
Phipsibear42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Garage List
Keep It Moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I think we all should agree that it's quite impressive that the OP has never driven his X5M in the rain or snow, all 62K miles, living on the East Coast...

What's up man, I'll be frank with you. Again as I said before I don't need to sell this car. Also, in case you didn't notice in the pic you posted... There's another daily driver Carbon Black X5M '11 sitting in the driveway to the top left corner. So, with that said I'm not hurting for cash and if haters that can't afford these toys are going to bash on my thread please refrain.

That pic was taken when I pulled the car out of the garage to get one of the kid's bikes out from in front of it; as not to scratch the paint. And guess what, after I got the bike out it went right back into the garage next to the E92 M3 "11. If you consider that driving in the rain, please seek help.

Also, if you want to try and call me out on my comment about the car not being driven in the rain; that's like saying you never farted in public.

Let's face it; I'm sure you have and blamed it on someone else, as much as we don't want to do it, sometimes it happens It's not intentional but it does happen.

So get over yourself; find a hobby or a bottle of lotion and go to work.

If you think my listing is overpriced, than that means you can't afford it. No need to be disrespectful or bothersome to the other members on this post / thread.
      12-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #24
Phipsibear42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
CPO on car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAX5 View Post
That's a strange way of rationalizing the price of a car ...

The fact that it is CPO'd also means that you are not the original owner of the car ... BIG ding ... multiple owners!

Any assumable warranties NEVER maintain the full original value of the purchase, but they could prevent greater depreciation.

At 62K mi, this car has 3 values (mind you: value is NOT the same as price):

1. Trade in (or Manheim value): mid 30's. See attached

2. Retail value: mid 40's

3. WT (Wishful Thinking) value: OP's price

GLWS
Hi Pax,

I agree with what you have posted, but just to clarify on your first point about the CPO issue. I have a very good relationship with my dealer, and this car was the owner's "demo" for about 6-7 months. If you consider that multiple owners than so be it, but I am the first private owner of this car. I paid extra to have the car CPO'd at that time because BMW didn't want to offer it because of the low mileage; just to ensure that I have the coverage and because all of my other BMW's are also fully warrantied until 100k.

I don't see any "DING" against the resale of the car because of that minor technicality.

If I posted it for sale for $25k I'd have everyone and their mother after me for the car. I posted it at $70k willing to hear "reasonable offers". This way, the kids don't bother, and I'm dealing with folks that have the cash and appreciation for the vehicle.

Price (what I'm asking), Value (perceived), Worth (market demand), and Cost (what I will sell for); all have different meanings to each individual. In order for a transaction to come to closure, all of these items must be taken into consideration and then an offer should be delivered to the seller.

So far, All I have heard is whining and mockery from individuals who clearly don't know how to engage in civilized business dealings. However, when they see my truck at my booth or at a show, they are the first to compliment the vehicle and state how "They wish they could have / afford / maintain / drive / own" this vehicle.

It's a nice car, I personally love the thing and the value to me is immeasurable but I tried to put a price on it and can start from there to figure out worth and finally cost based on adult discussion with a conscientious buyer who will appreciate the vehicle as much as I have these past few years.
      12-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #25
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phipsibear42 View Post
What's up man, I'll be frank with you. Again as I said before I don't need to sell this car. Also, in case you didn't notice in the pic you posted... There's another daily driver Carbon Black X5M '11 sitting in the driveway to the top left corner. So, with that said I'm not hurting for cash and if haters that can't afford these toys are going to bash on my thread please refrain.

That pic was taken when I pulled the car out of the garage to get one of the kid's bikes out from in front of it; as not to scratch the paint. And guess what, after I got the bike out it went right back into the garage next to the E92 M3 "11. If you consider that driving in the rain, please seek help.

Also, if you want to try and call me out on my comment about the car not being driven in the rain; that's like saying you never farted in public.

Let's face it; I'm sure you have and blamed it on someone else, as much as we don't want to do it, sometimes it happens It's not intentional but it does happen.

So get over yourself; find a hobby or a bottle of lotion and go to work.

If you think my listing is overpriced, than that means you can't afford it. No need to be disrespectful or bothersome to the other members on this post / thread.
Hey, what's up guy. I wouldn't say that commenting on something being overpriced is mutually exclusive to not being able to afford it. Can I afford your X5M? All day. But do I think it's overpriced? I do.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #26
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

62k on a 5yo non daily driven show car?

GLWS, Space Gray is a fantastic color.
      12-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #27
Phipsibear42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks JZBM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzbm3 View Post
62k on a 5yo non daily driven show car?

GLWS, Space Gray is a fantastic color.
Thanks for your post, and yea the miles may seem high but literally this car has mostly been driven to shows up and down the east coast. I have used it for trips as well, but that's once in a blue moon. An average outing for this car will be easily over 600 miles in one trip, and that's where the mileage comes from.

It literally sits in the garage most of the time because I have other cars that I use and I work from home so there really isn't a need to drive much for me nowadays. That is one of the motivators for the sale; I am actually selling off a few cars as they don't get much use anymore.

Thanks again for viewing my post.