XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
hockeyadc
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nothing yet!

Amp and sub install?

I have a 2011 x6 and I'm looking to install a separate sub and amplifier. Is there a DIY somewhere? I figure if I just run power to the amp and ground it that is easy, but where do I get the RCA input and remote turn on? Can I just tap into the existing factory amp under seat subwoofer output and convert to RCA for input to my amp? How about the remote turn on though?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
X6blkonblk
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6 35d

Ive just got my first x6 2008 35d twin bw turbos when i got mine i found out i have no amp in my boot and some wires looked messed about also my passenger speakers no working the one by handle and the tweeter all wires checked all connected, im wondering how can i use a hi low converter to tap into the speakers for signal and the remote wire my sube is fussion 12" built in amp hate the sound quality in this and i wonder if my sub built in amp would power the passenger side speakers ( they been replaces already so i know they work) if any wizzys wanna help be very thankful
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
ironmonkeypimp
Rep
Drives: X6 Xdrive 35d

Amp and sub install?

Hi, I'm in the same boat.
Ive bought a high-low convertor called the Cache Cloc D. I've figured out a broad plan but cant find where to tap into a remote cable for the amp. Any help would be appreciated - thx
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 09:09 AM   #4
jschill31@gmail.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkeypimp View Post
Hi, I'm in the same boat.
Ive bought a high-low convertor called the Cache Cloc D. I've figured out a broad plan but cant find where to tap into a remote cable for the amp. Any help would be appreciated - thx
Hello,

First thing get a high end hi-level input like an SLOC ($100). Everything you need to tap into is in the left compartment in the back rear drivers side. My installers tapped into the main input before the amp so that I have constant sub level and not dependent on front/rear fade settings. Also doing it this way allows the built in EQ to work. They mounted my amp in the stow away compartment and gave me a long lead to the 12" sub as well as mounting my bump knob in the strange little indented area in the center council. The B & O system is more than enough to run the rest of the speakers. Only need to add a sub and amp...it sounds amazing. I have been in car stereo for over 30 years and my X6M has he best factory staging I have ever heard...just needs a sub. Total cost for a decent 400w mono amp, sub and enclosure should be less than $800 at any shop except if you are in So-Cal.

Cheers