XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
P6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M sold, X5M sold, X6M current

Anyone tried the Sprint Booster?

Has anyone installed a Sprint Booster on their X5M? Although this truck has gobs of power, the first few mm of accelerator pedal travel is a little sluggish. M mode helps but I'm used to instant and dramatic response from my 1M. I know the Sprint Booster remaps throttle position. I wonder if this would help. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
P6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6 View Post
Has anyone installed a Sprint Booster on their X5M? Although this truck has gobs of power, the first few mm of accelerator pedal travel is a little sluggish. M mode helps but I'm used to instant and dramatic response from my 1M. I know the Sprint Booster remaps throttle position. I wonder if this would help. Thoughts?

link
https://www.sprintboosterusa.com
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Some say that after awhile what the sprint booster accomplishes seems to fade away. It could be that the perception that they have has changed.

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...t-booster.html
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #4
mitch808
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

I'm just gonna say that I've tuned my own cars in the past with a full standalone ECU (LINK), to a piggyback system (TurboXS UTEC), to an OEM reflash using OpenSource software.

ALL of them allowed me to re-do the pedal motion and rescale it to really any value I needed. If I want WOT to be at half throttle, I could do that via simple programming.

I would suspect that a proper tune would do this, and you wouldn't need a band-aid product that simply re-scales a simple potentiometer function.

That said, knowing what it's doing(re-scaling a value), and what you'll gain (Nothing). Don't bother. Get a proper reflash
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #5
lanbrown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

From time to time, people are selling used ones. If you wanted to try it, try a used one and if you don't like it, you can resell it for what you paid.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #6
P6
Private First Class
Rep

Not sure a want a tune. Might experiment with a used model.
Appreciate 0