XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-17-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

Does anyone here have access to BMW billed hours data

Just got a call from my dealer with the diagnosis after bringing the 35d in for what appeared to be a small oil leak by the turbos. SA stated that pressure lines are getting replaced under warranty but after 75k mi the vacuum lines are dry rot and need replacing. I honestly don't find this hard to believe given the high amount of heat they are subject to. SA stated that unfortunately total cost is about $800 for replacement as they don't fall under warranty. I'll be asking for a breakdown of what needs replacing and the labor costs tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone has access to the billable hours for the vacuum line replacement to get an idea where the quote should be. I already get a hookup on the parts so I just need to figure out labor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
PAX5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
Just got a call from my dealer with the diagnosis after bringing the 35d in for what appeared to be a small oil leak by the turbos. SA stated that pressure lines are getting replaced under warranty but after 75k mi the vacuum lines are dry rot and need replacing. I honestly don't find this hard to believe given the high amount of heat they are subject to. SA stated that unfortunately total cost is about $800 for replacement as they don't fall under warranty. I'll be asking for a breakdown of what needs replacing and the labor costs tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone has access to the billable hours for the vacuum line replacement to get an idea where the quote should be. I already get a hookup on the parts so I just need to figure out labor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Is this for the twin-turbo V8 5.0L N63 engine?

If you had the N63 CCP campaign work done on the car, those parts should've been replaced and still under the 2 year, unlimited miles warranty.

If not, your doing the right thing by asking around ... and I don't know the answer.
      11-19-2015, 07:49 AM   #3
socale39
Major
Rep

It's for a 35d. I ended up just ordering the parts myself (ordered all vacuum lines which was about $100) from my buddy in the parts dept. I'll just do it myself and save $700. The job looks pretty straight forward.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 11:17 AM   #4
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
It's for a 35d. I ended up just ordering the parts myself (ordered all vacuum lines which was about $100) from my buddy in the parts dept. I'll just do it myself and save $700. The job looks pretty straight forward.
Good luck with the job, hope it goes well. Please try to make a DIY compilation if you can.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #5
RIHI
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Shouldn't vacuum lines be covered under california's emissions warranty?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #6
socale39
Major
Rep

The lines weren't faulty so even if they did fall under the warranty it wouldn't be covered. It was a recommended replacement. Frankly I don't mind doing it myself and putting together a DIY for other people needing to do similar work.
Appreciate 0