XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-31-2017, 08:23 AM   #23
vioilio
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

Stupid question, be from where we can buy the JB4 for our X5M's?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 08:34 AM   #24
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vioilio View Post
Stupid question, be from where we can buy the JB4 for our X5M's?
BMS no longer offers it for sale so you'd have to find yourself a used one. Member Classifieds would be a good start.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 02:22 PM   #25
greddy91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
No worries man, same here. I'm knee deep in repair cost (out of warranty) so I know exactly how you feel. This thing is NOT standing the test of time from an engineering longevity standpoint.

The flash did help smooth out the power delivery and it sped up gear shifts (don't ask me how, but it did - dare I say - drastically) BUT, not sure I'd say the difference was huge in power between the two, to be honest (again, I had the Stage 1 piggy so that's my base of reference - so it's possible that you may even feel a drop in power moving from the JB4). However, over stock, it's night and day and helped to alleviate the sheer safety concern I had (pushing 3 extra pounds of boost vs. adjusting all the necessary parameters that should come with extra boost). Install is a breeze as well.

Would I recommend it? Yeah, it was worth it to me. I got used to the extra power and going back to stock wasn't an option. I'd say get it but only if you can get it on sale (I would never pay what they ask for MSRP). Sometimes they run sales that make it worth it (you can usually get ~40% off the advertised price). If you can flip your JB4 on the for sale forum your delta would be minimal. I've been doing a lot of research on the F10 M5 forum and they stack the JB4 with a BEF, so if you ever plan on making crazy power and want to run meth, you may consider keeping your JB4, so keep that in mind.

I'm running stock DPs at the moment but have been trying to get another set of stock ones to gut them. I went with Stage 2+ so that I can just put the catless DPs in there and not have to worry about the O2 sensors going nuts and CEL (I'm assuming this is what you meant by ODB2?). If so, yes it can but you have to specify that you want that.

My current mods are Velos Stage 2+, RK Intakes, Custom Axle-back muffler...after I get some gutted DPs in I'll be done...hopefully by then the F85 will be reasonably priced.

Sorry for going into so much detail but I've asked questions and gotten some vague answers before so I want to be sure I touched on everything. Let me know if you have any other questions!
I have set of factory manifolds from my '10. Not sure what you're wanting to spend... BUT...

I also passed this to an alternate forum member:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-X6M-E71-...53.m1438.l2649

Not sure why the X5M wasn't included, but don't think the mounting point is different. Would save some cash off of AP variants.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 07:52 AM   #26
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy91 View Post
I have set of factory manifolds from my '10. Not sure what you're wanting to spend... BUT...

I also passed this to an alternate forum member:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-X6M-E71-...53.m1438.l2649

Not sure why the X5M wasn't included, but don't think the mounting point is different. Would save some cash off of AP variants.
I got my sight set on gutting the stock ones, I like the fact that it's already double walled and has guaranteed fitment. Probably gonna ceracoat them. I've been talking to another member about picking his up, but if that falls through, I'll give you a holler if you still have them.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #27
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
BMS no longer offers it for sale so you'd have to find yourself a used one. Member Classifieds would be a good start.
It's my understanding that you can buy the N63 JB4 and BCM module and then flash S63 firmware onto it but know you'll get little to zero support from Terry so you're better off asking for help on XBimmers or existing S63 threads on N54Tech where other users like myself can try to help.

Last edited by m5james; 09-14-2017 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 0