XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F-150

2013 E70 X5 SAV horn sounds when exiting

I've had this CPO X5 SAV 3.5i for a year now and recently when I exit the horn sounds briefly but loudly, which is annoying. I have tried the menu settings and nothing is set to sound when locking, though it sounds even when just closing the door.

It does it after the vehicle has been started and stopped. I have checked for any lights left on, it has auto-close doors so I don't think it's telling me that I left something open. The moon roof is closed. Nothing shows on the check control.

Just turned 4 years old( of course, as bumper/bumper warranty is now expired) 41K miles, car was pristine, previously leased by a dealer management employee, never any problems before, but this is odd.

Is my X5 trying to tell me something?

The only other issue is that once or twice over the year it has flashed a "key not present" sign briefly when the key was in the vehicle and starting. Pushing the start button again it would then work fine. I have replaced the key fob battery with a fresh one.

Last edited by BrunoT; 08-12-2017 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 03:04 PM   #2
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F-150

Well, I waited once before opening the door to exit after shutting down. The car no longer honks but the wheel also no longer self-retracted, which it did before. It hasn't honked since for any reason.

Hazy mystery.
Appreciate 0